Medicine being the most lucrative and sought-after career option has become very popular in recent years and also its demand is increasing day by day but the number of seats in the medical universities remains the same. As a result of this, potential students are facing cutthroat competition and a high increase in tuition fees which in turn puts a huge financial burden on aspiring medicine students and their families. Studying Medicine in Europe can be an alternative and can help a student's dream to become a doctor. Universities in Europe offer the best medical education of global standards with low tuition fees and low living costs.
We can assist you to secure a place for studying Medicine in Europe in English-taught programs at the most affordable universities in Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Latvia, Lithuania, Cyprus, Romania, Bulgaria, Georgia, Ukraine, Armenia, Malta, and other European countries.
Below are Top Reasons to Study Medicine in Europe?
- Medicine courses in Europe are offered in the English language
- State of art infrastructure for medical students is provided
- The medical course duration of up to 6 years
- One year of Hospital Internship included in the program
- Low tuition fees ranging from €5000 to €18000 annually
- Affordable accommodation and Low cost of living ranging from €3000 to €8000 annually
- Practice anywhere in the world after getting the license as universities are recognized by prominent bodies
- You can also continue your career while staying in Europe
Eligibility Criteria to Study MBBS in Europe
- 17+ years of age on or before 31st December of the admission year
- The minimum percentage required to apply is 55% Overall and 50% in the subjects like Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology individually
- Minimum of 3 Subjects in A-Levels wherein Chemistry and Biology are mandatory, students can either take Mathematics or Physics as the third subject
- International Baccalaureate with Chemistry and Biology in HL and Mathematics or Physics in SL as one of the subjects.
Some of the Top Medical Universities in Europe
- Charles University, First Faculty of Medicine
- Charles University, Second Faculty of Medicine
- Charles University, Hradec Kralove
- University of Debrecen
- University of Pecs
- University of Warmia and Mazury
- Medical University of Gdansk
- Medical University of Warsaw
- Medical University of Varna
- Riga Strandis University
- University of Nicosia
- Lithuanian University of Health Sciences
Careers Opportunities after Studying MBBS in Europe
European Universities are recognized by prominent bodies like World Health Organization, World Federation for Medical Education, World Directory of Medical Schools and many more accrediting bodies & students studying medicine from these universities can practice as a doctor anywhere in the world after clearing local doctor licensing examinations like USMLE, PLAB, MOH, MCI, etc.
After studying for an MBBS degree in any European country, students can practice as a professional doctor. For practicing as a doctor, students need to clear doctor licensing examinations, and knowing the local language of the country will be an added advantage.
Students can also practice as a doctor in their home country wherein students have to clear doctor licensing examinations in their home country.
Qualifying NEET examination is mandatory for Indian students studying MBBS abroad if they plan to practice as a doctor in India. They can also take jobs in healthcare facilities and hospital management.
They can also pursue further studies in Advanced Medicine and specialization like Anesthetist, Cardiologist, Clinical Radiologist, Neurologist, Ophthalmologist, Pathologist, Psychiatrist, Surgeon, etc.
How can GoToUniversity help you achieve your dream of studying in Europe
- Profile Evaluation and Profile Building
- University Shortlisting and Selection
- Documentation Assistance (SOP, LOR, CV & Personal Statements)
- Application Assistance & Fast Application Turnaround time
- University Interview Preparation
- Visa Assistance
- Support with Accommodation & Insurance
- Pre-departure Guidance
Study Medicine in Poland:
Poland offers top medicine programs in the EU region and it’s a Schengen Country. It has some of the best universities to study which is recognized by IMED, MCI, GMC, US, Canada, Saudi Medical, and other countries. MBBS is taught in the English language and also offers free Classes for USMLE which is a pathway to USA residency. International students are eligible to register as a Doctor in Poland & Practice whilst studying specialization (Radiology, Internal Medicine, Dermatology, Pediatrics, etc.). The average tuition cost in Poland is around Euro 10,000 yearly and living cost is quite reasonable between Euro 150 to 250 per month.
Study Medicine in the Czech Republic:
The Czech Republic is located in the Heart of Europe neighboring Germany, Austria, Slovakia, and Poland. It’s a few hours away from Switzerland, Hungary, and Italy and listed under the top 10 safest countries in the world as per the global peace index. Czech’s literacy rate is 99% in the world and they have the best medical universities offering Medicine, Dentistry, and Nursing program taught in the English language. One of the most popular universities Charles University is the oldest university in Central Europe established in 1348 and ranked on 291 in QS World Ranking. Universities are recognized by the Medical Council of India, World Directory of Medical Schools, GMC, Medical Board of California. The average tuition cost in the Czech Republic is around Euro 11,000 yearly and living cost is quite reasonable between Euro 200 to 300 per month.
Study Medicine in Hungry:
Hungry is located in the Heart of Europe and rich in culture and history with a population of 9.9 million. Their medical universities are globally recognized and are ranked in the top 300 in QS Global. Medicine is taught in the English language and offers international students to practice around the world. Hungarian university graduates are eligible for USMLE, MCCEE, MCCQE, PLAB, and other examinations to practice in the UK, Canada and USA. The average tuition cost in Hungry is around Euro 16,000 yearly and living cost is quite reasonable between Euro 200 to 300 per month.