The American Council of Engineering Companies California Scholarship Is awarded to students pursuing engineering and land surveying across California and must be entering their junior, senior, fifth or master’s degree. The citizens of the United States are eligible to contest for this scholarship.
Eligibility Criteria/ Scholarship Guidelines
To be eligible, an applicant:
- Must be an undergraduate student pursuing engineering and land surveying curriculum approved by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET)
- Must be a master degree student enrolled for at least a half-time pursuing Master of Science (MS) engineering program or should have Bachelor of Science (BS) from the ABET-accredited engineering program.
- Should have a minimum GPA of 3.2 in engineering and land surveying program and an overall minimum GPA of 3.0 on a scale of 4.0(For ACEC California’s State Competition)
- Should have a minimum GPA of 3.5 in engineering and land surveying program and a minimum overall grade point average of 3.2 on a scale of 4.0(For ACEC’s National Competition (if selected as ACEC California’s scholarship nominee)
- Should be interested in pursuing a career in consulting engineering or land surveying.
How to Apply:
Applicants must submit the completed application to [email protected]
- Essay (500 Words)
- Official High School Transcript
Completed Recommendation Form
This scholarship awards up to $50,000. The highest grant offered to an undergraduate student is $7000 and the highest grant offered to a graduate student is $5000. Students from Riverside/San Bernardino, Orange County, and Los Angeles and San Diego regions are eligible to contest for an additional award of up to $50,000 depending on the location.