The Asian Development Bank-Japan Scholarship Program (ADB-JSP) looks to offer an opportunity for highly-qualified citizens of ADB’s developing member countries to undertake postgraduate studies in economics, management, science and technology, and other such development-related fields at participating academic institutions in the Asian and Pacific Region. After the completion of their study programs, scholars are expected to add on to the economic and social development of their home countries.
Eligibility Criteria/ Scholarship Guidelines
1. A citizen of an ADB borrowing member country (applicants from countries that are no longer borrowing from ADB are not eligible for the ADB-JSP Scholarship).
2. Gained admission to an approved MA/Ph.D. course at an academic institution.
3. A bachelor’s degree or it's equivalent with a superior academic record.
4. Two (2) years of full-time professional working experience at least (acquired after a university degree) at the time of application. Expertise in oral and written English communication skills to be able to pursue studies.
5. Must not be more than 35 years old at the time of application. In certain cases, for programs that are appropriate for senior officials and managers, the age limit is 45 years old.
6. In good health.
7. Should consent to return to his/her own country after completion of studies under the Program.
8. Executive Directors, Alternate Directors, management and staff of ADB, consultants, and relatives of the aforementioned are not entitled to the Scholarship.
9. The staff of academic institutions is not eligible for the Scholarship.
10. Candidates living or working in a country other than his/her own country are not entitled to scholarships.
11. ADB-JSP does not support candidates who are currently enrolled in graduate degree programs.
12. ADB-JSP does not sponsor the following: undergraduate studies, distance learning programs, short-term training, conferences, seminars, thesis writing, and research projects.