The Dr. Martin Scheffer Sociology Scholarship is awarded to those junior or senior undergraduate students who are pursuing a degree within the Sociology Department at Boise State University.
Eligibility Criteria/ Scholarship Guidelines:
To be eligible, an applicant:
- Should be a junior or senior undergraduate student with 12 credits pursuing a degree within the Sociology Department at the university.
- Should have a minimum GPA of 3.0
How to Apply:
- Must sign in to the scholarship portal at https://financialaid.boisestate.edu/scholarships/ to complete a general scholarship application on Boise State University.
Should submit the results of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Once these applications and results are submitted, the received application will be auto-matched to the qualifying scholarships. Qualifying is an intermediate step between scholarship application submission by the applicant and selecting scholarship finalists by the University.
- Should submit an essay of 500 words highlighting the following points:
- The reason you think you qualify for this award
- An outline of your accomplishments at Boise State, such as:
o Honors received
o University leadership positions held
o Organizations, Activities or Community Services Projects
P.S.- Make sure your full name and student ID number is on the header of each page.
Scholarship grant is decided after the review of each application.
Get In Touch
Organization / Institution Name
Boise State University