Chinese Government Scholarship—Bilateral Program provides a full or partial scholarship that is established by MOE with regards to the educational exchange agreements or MOUs between the Chinese government and governments of other countries, institutions, universities, and international organizations. It supports various programs such as undergraduate programs, master’s programs, doctoral programs, general scholar programs, and senior scholar programs.
Eligibility Criteria/ Scholarship Guidelines
1. Candidates must be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health.
2. The requirements for applicants’ degree and age are that candidates must follow are::
• Is expected to be a high school graduate under the age of 25 when applying for the undergraduate programs;
• Is expected to be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for the master’s programs;
• Is expected to be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for the doctoral programs;
• Is expected to be under the age of 45 and have a high school diploma (or higher) when applying for the general scholar programs;
• Is expected to be holding a master’s degree or to be an associate professor (or above) under the age of 50 when applying for the senior scholar programs.