The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) grants scholarships in Germany for international students for a range of postgraduate courses at German Universities which aim at providing academically educated young professionals from developing countries with further specialized studies.
Eligibility Criteria/ Scholarship Guidelines
• The applicant should be Working either for a public authority or private company in a developing country and, as such, be engaged in the planning and execution of directives and projects with an emphasis on development policies having a bearing on economic, technological or social areas.
• Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree (normally four years) in a related subject.
• Applicants should have completed an academic degree with far above average results (upper third) and ideally at least two years of related professional experience after the first degree (bachelor).
• The applicant's academic degrees should normally not be more than six years old.
• For study courses in German (scholarship includes a 6-month German language course): Applicants are required to successfully pass the language examination DSH 2 or TestDaF 4 before the start of the study course. Therefore a minimum German language level of B1 at the time of application is a requirement that needs to be proofed by providing a certificate.
• For courses in English: IELTS (Band 6) certificate or TOEFL (minimum score: 550 paper-based, 213 computer-based, 80 internets based) is necessary