Lithuanian Language and Culture Courses Winter scholarship are awarded by Education exchanges support the foundation, for students, lecturers, researchers and foreigners of Lithuanian origin to provide a platform to all international students to pursue Lithuanian Language and Culture Courses. The students who are native speakers and with a beyond the C1 level of knowledge in the Lithuanian language may not contest for this scholarship. The eligible students should apply to programs only at Vytautas Magnus University, Vilnius University, and Klaip?da University.
Eligibility Criteria/ Scholarship Guidelines
To be eligible, an applicant
- Should be a student, lecturer or researcher of higher education and research institution of other countries.
- Could be a child, grandchild, great-grandchild of Lithuanians living abroad or a foreigner of the Lithuanian origin (Who are is a citizen of Lithuanian living abroad for at least 3 years or citizen of foreign states who lost his or her citizenship.)
- Should be an active member of the Lithuanian community abroad.
How to Apply:
Apply through an online application system of the host institution.
- Copy of one recommendation letter
- Proof of Lithuanian origin
- Certificate or other document of Lithuanian origin
- Document proving that the applicant has stayed in the foreign country for at least 3 years.
The intent of the scholarship is to cover the scholar’s expenses during the study period. The scholar receives 570 EURO and the tuition fee that will be covered by the Republic of Lithuania. Other miscellaneous expenses such as travel, accommodation, library, student union fee and other fee to be covered by the scholar.
Vytautas Magnus University –November, Vilnius University –November, Klaip?da University –November.
The scholarship is valid for the entire duration of the study.
Get In Touch
Organization / Institution Name
Education Exchanges Support Foundation