The Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst (DAAD) is a self-governing organization that is mostly funded by the public. The “In-Country/In-Region scholarship” program was introduced to promote candidates from Sub-Saharan Africa to pursue higher education especially Ph.D. and Master Studies programs. A candidate can either pursue his higher education in the home country (In-Country) or pursue his higher education in a different Sub-Saharan African country (In-Region).
Eligibility Criteria/ Scholarship Guidelines
To be eligible for “In-Country/In-Region scholarship” program, a candidate should have:
- Completed a three-year university degree (Postgraduate Students) or a two-year university degree (doctoral students) with a good grade.
- Demonstrated good hold on the subject.
- Completed his last university degree not more than 6 years ago at the time of application.
- Generally been a staff member of a public or private university.
- Female candidates from the under-privileged backgrounds are encouraged to contest for this scholarship.
How to Apply
- Submit the application through an online application portal
- The following documents should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org to complete your application:
1. Curriculum vitae
2. Official Transcript
3. Recommendation letter by university lecturers
4. Brief description of the intended research
5. Letter of motivation
6. Referee reports from your University and/or Employer