The Heinrich Böll Foundation awards some scholarships to international students who gained their university entrance qualification from a school outside of Germany and seek to study a Masters or Ph.D. Degree in Germany.
Eligibility Criteria/ Scholarship Guidelines
For International Master Students who have earned their university entrance qualification outside Germany:
• You may apply before commencing your Master's program or at any time up to the end of the first semester of the Master's program.
• Applicants must have completed the first degree. Proof of first professional qualification must be provided
For International Doctoral students who have earned the university entrance qualification outside Germany:
• The applicant must have been accepted as a doctoral student by a state or state-recognized university in Germany. Proof of admission, according to a rule in Germany, must be included with the application.
• By the application date, preliminary work should have been completed and a valid timetable for completion must be submitted.
• Ph.D. subjects related to focal points of the Foundation’s activities will be prioritized.
Masters Studies: Non-EU students: €850 per month plus various individual allowances; tuition fees are in certain cases possible in Germany. EU students: varies, max. €649 plus €300 book money every month.
The scholarship is, as a rule, awarded for two years , but may be extended twice at most by half a year.
Organization / Institution Name