The KAAD scholarships are awarded to post-graduates and to academics who have already gained professional experience and are interested in postgraduate studies (or research stays) in Germany.
Eligibility Criteria/ Scholarship Guidelines
For the scholarship program 1 of KAAD, you can apply if you meet the following requisites:
• Applicants must come from a developing or emerging country in Africa, Asia, the Middle East or Latin America
• Applicants must have a university degree and professional experience from your home country
• Applicants must want to acquire a master’s degree or a Ph.D. at a German university or do a post-doctoral research project (2-6 months for established university lecturers) at a German university
• Applicants should be a Catholic Christian (or generally belong to a Christian denomination). Candidates from other religions are allowed to apply if they are proposed by Catholic partners and can prove their commitment to interreligious dialogue.
• Applicants must possess German language skills before starting the studies (KAAD can provide a language course of max. 6 months in Germany).
The general rule is that applicants for Master-scholarships should not exceed the age of 30, while applicants for PhD-scholarships should not be older than 35.