KUT’s Special Scholarship Program (SSP) was set up in 2003 in order to support the advanced research of the university through the contribution of highly capable doctoral students. Annually in April and October, the university enrolls chosen doctoral students under specific research projects. The pupils follow the doctoral course in English while at the same time assisting their host professor in his/her research projects.
Eligibility Criteria/ Scholarship Guidelines
Applicants are required to meet all of the following conditions:
(1) To already have or to be scheduled to acquire a master’s degree before the KUT enrollment date.
(2) For the applicant's age to be 35 years old or under at the time of enrollment.
(3) To possess an exemplary academic record and strong bachelors and master’s degrees from reputable universities.
(4) To possess the intention, adequate knowledge and research skill to work in one of the designated research projects.
(5) To possess high English proficiency.