The Maastricht University (UM) Holland-High Potential Scholarship program offers 24 full scholarships of €29.000 (including tuition fee waiver and a monthly stipend) each academic year for highly talented students from outside the European Union (EU) who have been admitted to a Master’s program at UM.
The Holland High Potential Scholarship consists of a High Potential Scholarship combined with a Holland Scholarship.
Eligibility Criteria/ Scholarship Guidelines
All candidates must meet the following requirements:
• Must hold nationality in a country outside the EU/EEA and meet the requirements for obtaining an entry visa and residence permit for the Netherlands.
• Must apply for admission to a full-time Master’s program at Maastricht University for the 2019-2020 academic year.
• Must meet the specific admission requirements of the UM Master’s program to which you have applied.
• Should never participate in a degree-seeking higher education program, a primary education program, or a secondary education program in the Netherlands. Students who completed exchange programs in the Netherlands are welcome to apply.
• Must not be over 35 years of age on 1 September.
• Must receive excellent results during your prior education programs, as demonstrated by your latest grade transcript or certified by academic excellence. If several applicants are equally qualified, we will give preference to applicants whose academic transcript or certified letter of academic excellence demonstrate that they are among the top 5% of the 2019/20 scholarship program applicants.