The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (MEXT) offers scholarships to international students planning to conduct research in any field of study. A student who wishes to study in Japanese universities as a research student should be a nationality of the country which has a diplomatic relationship with the Japanese government.
Eligibility Criteria/ Scholarship Guidelines:
To be eligible, an applicant:
• Must be in good health.
• Must have nationality of a country that has diplomatic relation with the Japanese government and shouldn’t be a Japanese citizen at the time of application.
• Must be willing to learn Japanese language
• Must have a bachelor’s degree
How to Apply:
Apply through Online application system.
• Research Scholarship form
• University Placement form
• Mark sheet
• Study Program
• Abstract of Previous research
• Mark sheet and Degree attested and obtained from the last university
This scholarship award ranges from 143,000 to 145,000 yen per month which also includes additional costs such as Travel and school fee.
Get In Touch
Organization / Institution Name
Ministry of Education Culture Sports Sciences and Technology Japan