The goal of the e8 scholarship also known as Sustainable Energy Development Scholarship Programme is to support talented students pursuing advanced studies in sustainable energy development and to encourage meaningful contributions to the vast sea of knowledge about this subject.
The e8 Scholarship Programme is designed for the Masters Level or Post-Doctoral studies only. It does not fund Ph.D. studies.
Eligibility Criteria/Scholarship Guidelines
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, students must meet the following requisites:
•Applicants must plan to undertake studies at the Masters Level or Post-Doctoral level in areas directly related to sustainable energy development.
•Applicants must be citizens of the developing countries and territories identified for OECD official development aid in the DAC List of ODA Recipients.
The e8 considers a student to be outstanding if:
• He/she graduates with excellent grades in the top 20% of his/her class.
• He/she is determined to advance her/his knowledge and understanding.
• He/she has a history of community involvement.
• He/she is committed to sustainable energy.
• He/she is committed to return and contribute to his/her home country.