The Taiwan Government through the Ministry of Education (MOE) provides Bachelors, Masters, and Ph.D. scholarships for international students who wish to study in colleges and universities in Taiwan through the Taiwan Scholarship Program.
The program looks towards encouraging excellent international pupils (excluding pupils from Mainland China, Hong Kong, and Macau) to take on degree studies in Taiwan so as to associate themselves with the academic environment in Taiwan and promote communication, understanding, and friendship between Taiwan and countries all around the world.
Eligibility Criteria/ Scholarship Guidelines
(i) Candidates should be a foreign national with a high-school diploma or post-secondary degree(s), with an outstanding academic record, and is expected to be of good moral character.
(ii) Applicants are not eligible if they meet the following criteria:
1. Are R.O.C. nationals or overseas Chinese students
2. Are already registered or have attained student status at any university/college in Taiwan. Graduating students pursuing further studies are excluded from this rule.
3. Has already studied in Taiwan for the equal level of degree as the one in which they currently intend to apply for.
4. Are exchange or dual/joint degree pupils allotted in accordance with academic cooperation or agreements between local universities/colleges and international universities/colleges.
5. Have been a recipient of the Taiwan Scholarship for over a duration of five years.
6. Have previously had their Taiwan Scholarship or Enrichment Scholarship from the MOE revoked.
7. Are recipients of any other scholarship or subsidy offered by the Taiwan government or education institutions in Taiwan. This does not include subsidies provided by universities/colleges to cover tuition and other fees above the scholarship limit.
(iii) Candidates must apply directly for admission within the deadlines stated by each university/college listed in the “Association of Taiwan Scholarship Program Schools” (look at Appendix 1). Applications for admission outside of the universities/colleges which are a part of the Taiwan Scholarship Program are automatically disqualified and will not be returned.