The Opportunity Scholarship is awarded to the students who intend to pursue a bachelor’s degree and reside in the states where students have no access to college or university because of their financial situation or because the state that simply does not allow the students to attend university. A student is eligible for this scholarship only if a student attends one of the Opportunity Partner Colleges (Christian Brothers University, Delaware State University, Eastern Connecticut State University, and Trinity Washington University (Women’s College)
Eligibility Criteria/ Scholarship Guidelines
To be eligible an applicant:
- Should have a minimum GPA of 2.8
- Should reside and have graduated or will graduate from high school in a locked-out state by the end of academic year.
- Should provide SAT/ACT Score
- Should not have enrolled in a four-year institution or a four-year bachelor’s degree program
- Should have arrived in the United States before the age of 16.
- Should provide substantial proof for Financial need
- Should have a current DACA or TPS authorization
- Should meet the immigration eligibility criteria
How to Apply
The student can apply for the scholarship by submitting the application form online.
- Official Transcripts
- Essays on Educational and Career Goals
The scholarship awards up to $80,000 including tuition fees, on-campus housing and food.
This Scholarship is renewable every year