The University of Sydney calls upon applicants who are qualified to undertake a Postgraduate Research Degree or Master’s by Research program at this University to apply for the University of Sydney International Research Scholarship (USydIS). The objective behind the USydIS is to attract top quality international postgraduate students to undertake research projects which will enhance the University’s research activities.
Eligibility Criteria/ Scholarship Guidelines
To be eligible for the USydIS, you must:
• One must be an international student commencing full-time enrolment in a Higher Degree by Research (HDR) at this University. Pupils may also be considered up until they have consumed a maximum of six months of course candidature.
• One must be a student undertaking study in a subject area identified by the University as within the areas of its current and emerging research strengths.
• One must not hold a research qualification regarded to be equivalent to an Australian Research Doctorate degree, or if undertaking a Research Master’s degree, not hold a research qualification which is regarded to be equivalent to or higher than an Australian Research Master’s degree.
• Not have held an Australia Award scholarship within two years prior to commencing the RTP Fee Scholarship.
• One must not be receiving a scholarship for which course tuition is a component under any other scholarship scheme to which the Australian Government makes a substantial contribution.
• One must not previously have received an RTP Fee Scholarship unless the previous scholarship was for a Master by Research degree that you have completed and you are now applying for a doctorate research degree.
• One must not have previously considered for the scholarship up to 3 times within the last 5 years.