Top Universities to Study in Ireland
Ireland's education system is among the top you'll find globally. Universities in Ireland are ranked in the top 3% worldwide and Irish universities are feeders to top employers globally. Universities in Ireland are in the top 1% of research institutions in the world and the Capital city is in Dublin.
Top Reasons for Studying in Ireland:
- It has a similar system of 1-year masters just the way it’s in the UK. They offer 2 years of post-study work visa to gain international professional experience to head start your career.
- Only English speaking country in Europe with a high quality of education.
- Dublin is a silicon valley of Europe and headquarters for many companies such as Google, Indeed, Microsoft, Paypal, eBay, Linkedin, and more.
- People are friendly and are known for their hospitality.
- It’s a modern country and there are many places we can visit during breaks and weekends.
- Cultural diversity and ethnicity.
- 20 hours per week Part-time Work Permitted
Cost of studying/accommodation in Ireland:
- Undergraduate studies can cost from Euro 10,000- Euro 26,000(Per Year)
- Postgraduate studies can cost from Euro 10,000- Euro 35,000 (Per Year)
- Accommodation can range from Euro 400 – Euro 800 (Per Month)
- Food can cost approximately Euro 200- Euro 300 (Per Month)
Intakes & Deadline to apply:
The major intake in Ireland is fall (Sep) and the applications start in October (previous year) and accepted until January/February of the intake year. A limited number of colleges runs programs in Jan intake as well and it needs to be checked with the intended institution.
The minimum wage in Ireland is €9.15 per hour and students can work legally up to 20 hours a week and 40 hours a week during vacations. There are many support jobs students can apply for which is available on campus and off-campus.
Below are the top intuitions where one can apply for undergraduate and postgraduate courses which have a high graduate employment rate. Their students got placed in companies like Accenture, HubSpot, DocuSign, SAP, Facebook, Salesforce, Google, Microsoft, and many more. The average starting salary for a fresh graduate in Ireland is Euro 40,000 per annum which is more than an average salary in European nations.
Top Universities in Ireland:
- National College of Ireland
- Trinity College Dublin
- University College Dublin
- Technological university Dublin
- Nui Galway
Career Opportunities in Ireland:
Students after completing their course in Ireland can get up to 2 years of post-study work visa to start looking for jobs. The Irish Critical Skills Employment Permit is a job-offer based work permit which allows immigrants to work in Ireland in a role that pays at least €60,000 per year, or at least €30,000 per year if the job is on Ireland's Highly Skilled Occupations List. Either the worker or the employer can apply for this visa.
Skilled shortage jobs in Ireland:
- Project Managers
- Healthcare Professionals
- Financial Accountants
- Financial Services Professionals
- Software Engineers
- Gaming Professionals
- App Developers (Java/C++/SQL/Python)
Working in Ireland:
International students occupied in full-time study of at least one year’s duration (on a course leading to a qualification which is accepted by the Irish Department of Education and Skills currently do not need a work permit to work in Ireland. Students holding a valid immigration stamp 2 permission will be permitted to work 40 hours per week only during June, July, August, and September and from 15th December to 15th January inclusive. At all other times, students holding Immigration permission Stamp 2 will be limited to working 20 hours per week. The permission to work ceases on the expiry of the student's Stamp 2 immigration permission.
Degree program students can get casual work where they are:
- Registered with Garda national immigration bureau.
- Enrolled on a recognized program leading to a qualification recognized by the Minister for Education & Skills
- Attending a full-time program of education at or above NFQ Level 7
- Undertaking a minimum of 15 hours day time study
- Getting tuition, between the hours of 8 am and 6 pm per week for a minimum of 25 weeks per annum
- On a program of at least one year’s duration
How can GoToUniversity help you achieve your dream of studying MBA
- Profile Evaluation and Profile Building
- University Shortlisting and Selection
- Documentation Assistance (SOP, LOR, CV & Personal Statements)
- Application Assistance & Fast Application Turnaround time
- University Interview Preparation
- Visa Assistance
- Support with Accommodation & Insurance
- Pre-departure Guidance