When we talk about the study in Germany, the first thing that comes to our mind is free education but there are many more interesting things to know about studying in Germany and their education system. Germany may be a highly ranked and hottest study destination for international students due to its research community shaped by German universities, world-class education, exciting urban life submerged in panoramic landscapes, and welcoming culture with people from everywhere the world.
1. Germany has one of the best education systems in Europe comprising of more than 400 higher educational institutions in which 106 are universities. So in terms of the quality of education, it is one of the best places to study in Europe.
2. Germany is considered one of the most peaceful countries in the world and in terms of ranking, it’s 22nd among 163 countries worldwide as per the Global Peace Index 2019 rankings.
3. Germany has second-highest graduate employment rate which is 91% and has the least unemployment rate of 3.2% in Europe.
4. If you are graduating from a German university, you can expect an average salary of €40000 to €45000 per annum. Also, if you are working part-time in Germany, you can earn a minimum wage of around €9 to €13 per hour which is sufficient to cover their cost of living of €11000 per annum in Germany. International students are allowed to work part-time for up to 20 hours a week during university years and 40 hours a week during holidays.
5. In terms of opportunities after study, students can apply for 18 months Residence Permit and can look for jobs related to their qualifications.
6. Students can also apply for DAAD scholarship on the basis of academic excellence which will cover their cost of living in Germany as well.
7. The most important reason for studying in Germany is that the majority of courses haven't any Tuition fee. But, you'll get to pay a semester contribution up to 250 Euros, depending upon the university and therefore the services or benefits included.
8. Germany has many Top universities within the World. There are 44 universities within the QS World University Rankings 2018, which is just below the US & UK.
There are 43 German universities within the Times education World University Rankings 2018 in top 500, with 10 within the top 100.
Attend our Free Webinar on Study in Germany, In these Webinar, We Cover Important Informative Topics like
Host – Varun Jain
Guest Speaker 1 – Jutta Osthues
15+ years of experience
GLS Berlin - University Pathway Coordinator
Guest Speaker 2 – Siddharth Shrivastav
9+ years of experience in Education
GoToUniversity - Senior Admissions Consultant