How many times is the IELTS conducted in a year?
International English Language Testing System also known as IELTS is one of the most popular English language proficiency tests in the world for higher studies and migration to foreign English-speaking countries. To get admission to foreign countries and migrate one needs to sit for an IELTS exam which mandates an in-depth IELTS preparation to secure an ideal band. IELTS is administered multiple times a year which leaves one to take up the exam many times as per their IELTS prep. It is conducted once a week which means multiple times a year. The test includes four modules – Reading, writing, listening, and speaking which the candidate has to give concurrently.
Types of IELTS
IELTS is of two types academic and general. Academic IELTS is conducted once a week and 48 times a year while General IELTS is conducted twice a month which leaves you with 24 attempts in a year.
IELTS prep course
To secure a perfect IELTS score you must take up an IELTS prep course at GoToUniversity where our expert trainers would guide and train you in the best possible way to attain a good band. GTU provides online and offline classes for you with small-size batches with 99% of students securing no less than 7.5 bands in the IELTS.
Standardised Test prep services
GoToUniversity also provides other standardised test prep services like TOEFL, PTE, GRE, SAT, UCAT, BMAT, LNAT, GMAT, and STEM courses which are required to get into almost all universities around the globe. These tests require practice for months and consistency only then you would be able to get the desired score.
Top tips to prepare for IELTS
- To excel in the IELTS you need to devote months to it as you can accomplish it with 3-4 months of practice. You will have to follow a regular and consistent study plan and have thorough research and knowledge of the syllabus.
- Understanding the test format and following it a timetable would lead you to your desired band. IELTS is a 2-hour and 45-minute long test divided into 4 modules you are required to take on the same day so you need to manage the time accordingly.
- IELTS prep should be started almost 3-4 months before you take the test as you have a very flexible number of attempts to give the test.
- You need to concentrate on the areas you think you are shaky, considering the weaker areas you will be able to cope with the syllabus and manage your time effectively. You need to score no less than 6.5 or 7 bands in each module to attain an overall score of 7 bands.
- While your IELTS prep you should encircle yourself with English surroundings, watching, reading, listening to, and speaking in English would very much help you in boosting your confidence and lets you have a better understanding of the language.
- You are also advised to get your progress overseen by taking up an IELTS prep course as our expert trainer possesses great skills and experience in tutoring the candidates and readying them to achieve the desired band.