India is the fastest growing economy in the world with more and more Indian taking up great roles in some of the most prestigious organizations of the world like Google. The country is becoming a student hub to enrol in top b schools in India for its quality curriculum, qualified staffs and better recruitment opportunities. MBA being the most pursued courses of all business subjects, institutions like IIM Ahmedabad is no 1. institution to study the course.
MBA Admission Eligibility criteria
An Indian national applicant must satisfy one of the following eligibility criteria for admissions for MBA programme
A graduate degree under 10+2+3 or 10+2+4 pattern under any discipline, securing at least 50% marks in aggregate, from a recognized university.
An honors degree under 10+2+4 pattern from a recognized university under UGC Act with at least 50% marks in aggregate including languages
Candidates who have passed Bachelor/ Master degree
through correspondence / Open University System from this university or from any other university, recognized by law, are exempted from 10+2 pattern. The duration of the degree programme must be 3 + 2 years
In addition to this many business colleges require either CAT or MAT or GMAT or SNAP or XAT scores as in case of Indian nationals.
MBA Eligibility criteria in India For international students
The prerequisite for obtaining an MBA (Masters in Business Management) degree is that the student should complete graduation or obtain a Bachelor’s degree in any stream like arts, social science or humanities.
Some colleges and universities require TOEFL or IELTS scores for admission.
International students staying in India longer than 6 months are required to register with the Foreigners Regional Registration Office (FRRO).
The following documents are required for registration:
- Photocopy of the passport and initial visa
- Four photographs of the applicant
- Details of residents in India
- HIV test report from one of the WHO recognized institutions for people in the age group of 15 to 60
- Bonafide certificate from the university/college/institution
- Proof of Bank Account/sufficient funds for non-scholarship students
NOTE: The aspiring student should have a valid passport of his/her country which would be valid for a period of at least six months beyond the date of completion of the course.
Indian Universities offer education at more affordable cost compared to other recognized university in the world. On an average a student pays almost one-fourth of the total expenses charged in other western universities. Other living expenses like food, lodging , and transportation requires an average of USD 100-150 per month. Students with financially weak backgrounds are offered scholarships through various welfare scheme of the government.
Top 10 MBA colleges in India
Here is a list of best management colleges in India.
Name of the institution
1. Indian Institute of Management (IIM-A)
2. Indian Institute of Management (IIM-C)
3. Indian Institute of Management (IIM-B)
4. Faculty of Management Studies (FMS) - Delhi University
5. Indian School of Business (ISB)
6. Xavier Labour Research Institute (XLRI)
7. Indian Institute of Management (IIM-L)
8. Xavier Labour Research Institute (XLRI)
9. Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies (JBIMS)
10. Management Development Institute (MDI)
11. SP Jain Institute of Management & Research (SPJIMR)
12. Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS)
How to decide?
If you are struggling to decide which university to apply, consultants at Go To University
are there to find your path. They offer a platform that connects students with universities, empowering the students to make the right choice with minimum effort. Our academic counsellors
are experts in helping students pick the right course, apply to university through the correct application process and get admission.
If you are interested to apply to apply in top MBA colleges in India and seeking assistance, book your free counselling session with us now. Call +971 589997527 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave your comments
Your email address will not be published