Applying for the University of Toronto?
Know details about the University of Toronto admission process and application deadlines.
Among the colleges and universities in Canada, Toronto university has a low acceptance rate for foreign students for graduate and degree programs. Students planning to study abroad have to take a language proficiency test.
International students can transfer credits for certain academic programs and must submit the required documentation for student visa processing.
The University of Toronto has an acceptance rate of 43% for international students, UOT acceptance rate has been consistent over the years, considering the university of Toronto acceptance rate for 2018 and 2019, we do not see a major difference. UOT has a higher acceptance rate for computer sciences compared to other programs. The total enrollment for undergraduate programs is 78.8% compared to 21.2 for the master's program.
Compared to the other universities, the University of Toronto has an acceptance rate of 43% which is considerably high. This is for both the domestic as well as the international students so it very competitive in making through the application process. Although getting admission in the University of Toronto is not that difficult, however, students find it extremely difficult to earn a diploma owing to the competitive atmosphere.
The University of Toronto is among the world’s top ranked universities. It was founded in 1826 and became the best higher educational institution established in Canada. This university has consistently been ranked as the top universities in Canada because of its research and teaching. The University of Toronto is well-known for its research on insulin, artificial intelligence, bone-marrow transplant and many more.
It offers 700 undergraduate degree and 200 postgraduate degree programs to almost 65,000 international students. The University of Toronto gives utmost care to the students by providing them with the best facilities and staff.
Below is a break up of University of Toronto total enrollment campus wise
University of Toronto Number of Student Enrollments for Undergraduates
No of Students
University of Toronto Number of Student Enrollments for Graduates
No of Students
University of Toronto has international students from over 150 countries. it consists of an international campus
Below is a Break up of University of Toronto Students Enrollments country wise
United States 890
Hong Kong 344
Saudi Arabia 219
University of Toronto Admission Requirements
1. SAT Requirements: The score below 500 in the SAT Reasoning in not accepted for the University of Toronto. The minimum requirement score for engineering is 1,300.
2. GPA Requirements: Undergraduate students must have a GPA of 3.6 and graduate students must have a GPA of 3.0 to get into the University of Toronto.
3. MCAT Requirements: The students should have a score of 125 in each section. The MCAT scores of 5-years before the deadline will only be considered.
4. FCE in either social science, humanities or languages must be completed.
5. English Proficiency Score: IELTS score of 6.5 is required for all international as well as domestic students. TOEFL score must be 100+22 for writing.
GoToUniversity provides free counseling for University of Toronto, Get in touch with our expert admission consultant to know more about the admission process