The Convair Alumni Association Scholarship Fund was introduced by the Board of Directors of the Convair Alumni Association and funded by the Convair Recreation Association and General Dynamics Corporation. This program assists the descendants of the former employees who worked for Consolidated Aircraft Corporation (1935-1943), or Consolidated Vultee Aircraft Corporation (from 1943 to 1954), or Convair, Astronautics or Space Systems Divisions of General Dynamics Corporation (in 1954 or after) from the San Diego Location to pursue higher education.
Eligibility Criteria/ Scholarship Guidelines:
To be eligible, an applicant:
- Should be a U.S Citizen and be a permanent resident of San Diego County.
- Should be a graduating senior from one of the San Diego county high schools
- Should be a direct descendant, natural or adopted child of one of the employees of either Consolidated Aircraft Corporation (from 1935 to 1943), consolidated Vultee Aircraft Corporation (1943-1954), or Convair, Astronautics or Space Systems Divisions of General Dynamics Corporation (in 1954 or after) from the San Diego Location.
- Should be enrolled in any 4-year accredited university
- Should demonstrate good academic merit and involvement in community service.
How to Apply:
The applicants can download the application form on http://sandiegoairandspace.org/pdf/CAA_ApplicationEdit.pdf and submit the completed application either by mail or hand deliver to San Diego Air & Space Museum.
The Scholarship award ranges from $3,000 to $4,000
Get In Touch
Organization / Institution Name
San Diego Air and Space Museum