The William Randolph Hearst Endowed Scholarship for Nursing is donated by William Randolph Hearst for the minority students pursuing in the School of Nursing. The purpose of the scholarship is to support students in financial need. The applicants with the lower financial advantage will be given preference.
Eligibility Criteria/ Scholarship Guidelines
To be eligible, an applicant:
- Should have enrolled at the University’s College of Nursing and Health Sciences majoring in Nursing as a full-time undergraduate student at Barry University.
- Should have a minimum GPA of 3.5
- Should demonstrate financial need as determined by Barry University Office of Financial Aid.
Minority students in the College of Nursing and Health Sciences that meet all of the other criteria are given preference.
How to Apply:
An applicant must complete a general scholarship application on Barry University Scholarship System. The application will then be considered for the scholarships that the applicant is eligible for. The applicant may also get a chance to be eligible for multiple scholarships based on the responses produced to supplemental questions. Also, the applicant must submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Should submit an essay in 300 to 450 words highlighting why the applicant intends to take education as a major for his or her undergraduate study.
- Should submit a letter stating that the applicant would want to permanently stay in the United States of America after completing the graduation in case the applicant is a resident or citizen of a foreign nation.
The Scholarship awards $ 3,850
Get In Touch
Organization / Institution Name