The PGCE Access Bursary is awarded to the full time Home fee paying students commencing a Postgraduate Certificate in Education in Primary Education or Secondary Education at Brunel University London.
Eligibility Criteria/ Scholarship Guidelines:
To be eligible, an applicant:
- Should have an offer to pursue full time PGCE Primary or PGCE Secondary Education starting in September. It also includes the offer made through Clearing and Adjustment.
- Should commence the course in the upcoming academic year and should have met all offer conditions and firmly accepted the place.
- Should be assessed as a Home fee payer. Those who unsure of their fee status should note Brunel uses the information they have provided in their application form to assess fee status against regulations set by the UK government.
- Should be a resident in the UK that includes those living in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and Scotland.
Should have at least one of the following under-represented criteria:
- Resident in a ‘Low Participation Neighbourhood’ as defined in the ‘Eligibility Definitions’ below
- Aged 25 or over by the course start date
- Disabled (including dyslexia)
Proof of Eligibility:
- Should submit the evidence disability and age, data will be collected from the UCAS/UTT application forms.
- Should submit the evidence ‘Low participation neighborhood’ (POLAR 4, QUINTILE 1 and 2)’, residential postcode data will be collected from the UCAS/UTT/Brunel application forms.
How to Apply:
Based on the information supplied in their course application all students will be considered for the bursary automatically. There is no separate application; Awards will be made by the Scholarship Allocation Panel in early September.