The Sports scholarship is awarded to all applicants who have met the academic requirements for a course and subsequently been given a conditional or unconditional place at Brunel University London. Also, an applicant should demonstrate sporting achievement at junior international level or equivalent in one of the priority sports such as Athletics, Netball, Rugby, Basketball & Futsal or evidence of a top 10 age ranking within their chosen sport.
Eligibility Criteria/ Scholarship Guidelines:
The scholarship offers exclusive benefits that focus on access to great training facilities as well as support facilities all available on campus and benefits those students from a world-class performance level competing at an international level through to English Schools Champions.
They offer following Sport Scholarships tiers for team sports:
- Students participating at major international competitions at a Senior level will be awarded Gold Sport Scholarship
- Students participating at junior international competitions or equivalent will be awarded Silver Sport Scholarship
- Students participating at a national level or national ranking competition will be Bronze Bursary Award.
Students competing in University’s priority sports such as Athletics, Netball, Rugby, Basketball and Futsal will be given priority for funding.
Also, other sports include Archery, Badminton, Canoeing/Rowing, Cycling, Women's Football, Golf, Hockey, Judo, Squash, Swimming, Table tennis, Tennis, Triathlon, Olympic wrestling and Olympic weightlifting will be considered.
Individual Sports Scholarship Awards
- Students competing in individual sport, such as Athletics, will receive an initial Sports Scholarship award of £200.
- There are financial rewards linked to performances at the BUCS Championships throughout the year and there will be no other cash awards available through the course of the academic year.
- The bulk of your scholarship is attached to successful performances at the BUCS championships as detailed below.
- Gold Medal - £1000
- Silver Medal - £750
- Bronze Medal - £500
Note: There is a financial reward cap of £3,000 for all BUCS performances in one academic year. Terms and conditions apply.