The International Leader of Tomorrow Award is awarded to international undergraduate students who showcase leadership skills, superior academic accomplishment, involvement in student affairs and community service, recognized achievement in fields of an endeavor like the performing arts, sports, debating or creative writing, or external academic competitions and examinations.
Eligibility Criteria/ Scholarship Guidelines
To be considered for the International Leader of Tomorrow Award one must fulfill the following criteria:
• One must be an international student who will be studying in Canada on a Canadian study permit.
• You need to be entering UBC from a recognized secondary school, college, or other universities.
• You have to be applying for your first undergraduate degree.
• You must fulfill UBC’s admission requirements, including general and degree-specific requisites, and the English Language Admission Standard.
• You must display superior academic achievement (at least an average or equivalent standard).
• You must possess a level of financial need that would otherwise prevent you from pursuing a UBC degree.