The International Leader of Tomorrow Award is awarded to international undergraduate students who showcase leadership skills, superior academic accomplishment, involvement in student affairs and community service, recognized achievement in fields of an endeavor like the performing arts, sports, debating or creative writing, or external academic competitions and examinations.
Eligibility Criteria/ Scholarship Guidelines
To be considered for the International Leader of Tomorrow Award one must fulfill the following criteria:
• One must be an international student who will be studying in Canada on a Canadian study permit.
• You need to be entering UBC from a recognized secondary school, college, or other universities.
• You have to be applying for your first undergraduate degree.
• You must fulfill UBC’s admission requirements, including general and degree-specific requisites, and the English Language Admission Standard.
• You must display superior academic achievement (at least an average or equivalent standard).
• You must possess a level of financial need that would otherwise prevent you from pursuing a UBC degree.
International Leader of Tomorrow Award winners receive awards in proportion to their financial need. Financial need is determined by the difference between total fees, including tuition, fees, and living costs, and the financial contribution you and your family can make annually. A standard needs-assessment is based on the financial information you and your family provide.
The Award can be renewed for up to three additional years of undergraduate study or to degree completion, whichever is less. Your award may be renewed provided you achieve satisfactory academic standing in your faculty, continue to demonstrate financial need, and maintain your Canadian study permit (student visa).
Organization / Institution Name
University of British Columbia