The Ronald A. Hammond Scholarship is one of the prestigious scholarships awarded by the University of Miami to the outstanding high school seniors.
Eligibility Criteria/ Scholarship Guidelines
To be eligible an applicant:
- Must submit the first year admission requirements which includes common application, Official High School Transcript, SAT/ACT scores, Letter of Recommendation, and Financial Aid Certificates.
- Must be a U.S Citizen or permanent resident.
Note: Early Action and Early Decision 1 candidates are considered for this scholarship automatically, however, the applicants must make sure to submit the application and other required documents before the deadline.
How to Apply:
• Complete the Common Application by paying a registration fee of $70.
• Official High School transcripts to be sent either electronically or by mail.
• Report the standardized tests such as SAT or ACT scores either through the testing agency or self-report on the CommonApp.
• The school report to be submitted by the school counselor.
• Two letter of recommendations to be submitted by a school counselor and a teacher.
• May have to fill an additional supplemental application form for certain programs.
• Submit documents justifying the time gap after completion of high school, if there is any.
• International applicants must fill the International Financial Certification Form.
• Submit the CSS profile and the Earnings statement before the deadline.
• Track the application status on your student portal from time to time.
Selected candidates from Early Action and Early Decision are notified to write an essay before finalizing the Ronald A. Hammond scholars. After reviewing the essays, the selection committee finalizes the students for Ronald A. Hammond scholarship. The scholarship recipients are then invited to attend the scholarship weekend at the University of Miami providing an opportunity to interact with the current scholars and the faculty to portray their approach to education.
This scholarship covers the full cost of tuition fee for a four-year undergraduate study.
The scholarship can be renewed at the end of every year provided a minimum GPA of 3.0 is maintained.
Get In Touch
Organization / Institution Name
University of Miami