The Chancellor’s scholarship being the most prestigious award of the University of Pittsburg offered to the new freshmen students admitted to Pitthonors. Only U.S citizens and permanent residents are eligible to contest for the scholarship.
Eligibility Criteria/ Scholarship Guidelines
To be eligible, an applicant:
- Must meet the PittHonors Priority Consideration deadline.
- Must be admitted to Pitthonors
- Must be a new freshman
- Must be a fulltime enrolled student at the Pittsburg Campus.
- Must be a U.S Citizen or Permanent resident
How to Apply:
The students are invited for on-campus interview with the Chancellor’s Scholarship Selection Committee
• Visit https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa/filling-out/fsaid
• Create an FSA ID – Federal Student Aid ID
• Complete FAFSA – Free Application for Federal Student Aid
• Time to time review the account to check the status of the application.
• At verification stage, the applicant may have to produce additional documents before the scholarship is finalized.
• Up to 80 freshmen are invited for an on-campus interview conducted by the PittHonors dean, director of advising, and academic advisors of Chancellor’s Scholarship Selection Committee during the month of March.
• The recipients of the scholarship are notified before mid-April.
- Official Transcripts
- SAT/ACT scores
- Quality of the PittHonors application essay
Every year 10 to 12 new freshmen are awarded this scholarship that includes full tuition fee, room and board plan, guaranteed housing and a one-time book scholarship of $500.
This scholarship is valid for up to eight semesters provided the applicant has maintained a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 during the course to renew the scholarship at the end of each year.
Get In Touch
Organization / Institution Name
University of Pittsburg