The Kemitraan Negara Berkembang (KNB) Scholarship is awarded by Yogyakarta State University and funded by the Directorate General of Higher Education of the Indonesian Ministry of Education. This scholarship is open for students from developing countries to pursue a master’s level degree at selected universities in Indonesia including Yogyakarta State University.
Eligibility Criteria/Scholarship Guidelines
To be eligible an applicant:
- Must attend a bridging course of Indonesian Culture and Language for 1 year at the university prior to commencing the degree.
- The age limit is 35 years old.
- Must hold a Bachelor’s degree and a TOEFL score of 500 or equivalent.
- Should submit a recommendation letter from the Indonesian Embassy from the home country, nomination letter from respective country’s government or education ministry.
- Should submit two academic recommendations, passport copy, and medical certificate.
How to apply
The applicant has to download the invitation letter from the KNB website and submit the completed application form along with passport and academic documents to the Indonesian Embassy to receive the recommendation letter.
After receiving the letter of a recommendation letter, the applicant has to submit the online application form on the KNB website and wait for selection result announcement.