In 2012 members of the Lecturers’ Employee Organization (LEO) established this scholarship to provide financial support for the University of Michigan students who are members, or the dependents of a member, of any union, as well as students who are pursuing labor-related studies. This scholarship is for undergraduate and graduate students.
Eligibility Criteria/ Scholarship Guidelines
- You should have good merits.
- Full-time or part-time enrollment at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor.
- Member or the dependent of a member of any union or a student who is pursuing labor-related studies, projects involving labor issues or initiatives to improve the labor rights as a part of their academic studies.
How to Apply
- Application Form to be submitted at Scholarship Unit, Office of Financial Aid at the University of Michigan.
- A letter from your union organization confirming membership or an essay describing your study and/or work with labor-related issues.