The University of Utah Merit Scholarship for Non- Residents is sponsored by the University office of scholarships and financial aid for the National Merit Finalists who would be starting their freshman year.
Eligibility Criteria/ Scholarship Guidelines
To be eligible, an applicant:
- Should be an out-of-state student.
- Should be a National Merit Semifinalist.
- Should maintain a minimum GPA of 2.0 and must complete 24 hours of course work.
- Must inform the National Merit Scholarship Corporation that the University of Utah is his or her first choice school to be considered as a National Merit Scholar by the University.
- Should have maintained an outstanding SAT/ACT score.
How to Apply:
- An applicant must complete the admission application process by the priority application deadline, which is usually November 1st.
- Submit an additional application to National Merit Scholarship Corporation by completing the tests specified. For more information on the application process, the applicants are required to contact their high school counseling centers.
The Scholarship awards $500. This award may be received along with any other tuition waiver scholarship at the University.
This scholarship is renewable for up to 8 semesters or until the student receives a baccalaureate degree.
Get In Touch
Organization / Institution Name
The University of Utah