Study Abroad News & Alerts

Applying visa for the US

posted on: September 17, 2022

With the digitalization of the market, it is now easier to apply for a visa than it was earlier. To apply for a student visa Naav students just need an I-20 form from the institute they want to attend. This form ensures that the student is lawfully enrolled in an institution. Now the US offers different sorts of visas to students. This includes-

  • J student visa

This is a student visa that allows immigrants to study or teach in the United States of America for a time period which can range from weak to a few years. The eligibility for this visa is-

  • The age limit must be between 15-18.
  • Accommodation must be pre-decided. 
  • Students must be permitted to study full-time.
  • Financial support 

Documents required are-

  • International passport
  • Form DS-160 payment receipt
  • Form DS-160 confirmation page
  • DS-7002 Form
  • Passport photograph
  • SEVIS authorization certificate
  • Proof of financial capability

M1 student visa

M1 student visa allows the immigrant to partition non-academic professions. These immigrants can study part-time and the amount of time for which the visa is issued is six months.

Eligibility factors are-

  • Enrolment into a US institute enlisted on the SEVP program.
  • Showing proof of sufficient funds.
  • Proof of English proficiency through the IELTS test or some other English proficiency test.

Required Documents-

  • Valid passport
  • Proof of English language skills
  • Proof of education qualifications
  • Proof of financial resources to cover expenses etc.

 F student visa

This is the visa that most students who want to study full-time in the US apply for. This allows you to work part-time and also to move freely throughout the country without any restraints.


  • Acceptance as an undergrad student by any SEVP-enlisted US institute
  • English proficiency
  • Sufficient funds
  • Enrolment as a full-time student

Documents required-

  • Valid passport
  • Form I-120A-B
  • Payment receipts
  • Transcripts from previously attended institutions and more

Request a Call Back


Subscribe to receive the latest study abroad news and alerts to your inbox