The Utah Flagship Scholarship is sponsored by the University office of scholarships and financial aid to seniors attending accredited public or private Utah high schools and are expected to begin their freshman year. At the time of scholarship application review, two-third of the weightage is given to GPA and the remaining one-third weightage is given to an SAT/ACT score.
Eligibility Criteria/ Scholarship Guidelines
To be eligible, an applicant:
- Should be a full-time enrolled high school senior starting the freshman year
- Should have a minimum GPA of 3.6 and must complete 24 credit hours.
- Should have maintained an outstanding SAT/ACT score.
NOTE: Need based housing is available and for the merit scholarship consideration SAT/ACT scores should be maintained.
How to Apply:
- Must complete the admission application process by the priority application deadline, which is usually November 1st.
- Should submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by the Financial Aid Priority Application Deadline, which is usually February 1st, and should qualify to receive financial aid.
- Can also apply for a need-based housing scholarship.
The scholarship awards $5000 towards tuition annually.
Get In Touch
Organization / Institution Name
The University of Utah