Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute overview
United States of America
Study in United States of America with Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Q. What is the main USP of RPI?
The Institute is particularly well-known for its effectiveness in transferring technology from the lab to the marketplace, allowing new discoveries and technologies to enrich people's lives. Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute is the nation's oldest technological research institution, having been founded in 1824.
Q. What is the ranking of RPI?
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute is ranked No. 43 is Best Engineering Schools.
- 1st ITWS program - College Choice the Rensselaer Information Technology and Web Science (ITWS) program was the first of its kind in the United States.
- 6th of top U.S. engineering colleges - USA Today
- Graduate engineering programs rank 39th in the nation by U.S. News & World Report.
- Top 10 of U.S. Game Design Schools Animation Career Review
Q. What is RPI famous for?
RPI has an excellent reputation among employers for producing top-notch graduates because of its tough academics. While the humanities degrees are limited, there are outstanding economics and cognitive science programmes, as well as history, writing, and linguistics options.
Q. Is Troy a large city?
Troy is the small county seat of Rensselaer County in the state of New York, United States. The city is situated on the eastern bank of the Hudson River, on the western end of Rensselaer County. Troy is closely linked to the surrounding cities of Albany and Schenectady, comprising the Capital District region. The city is one of three major hubs in the Albany metropolitan statistical area, which has a population of 1,170,483 people. Troy has a population of 51,401 people according to the 2020 census. Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, founded in 1824, is the oldest private engineering and technical university in the United States
Q. What's the weather around RPI?
The summers are short, comfortable and partly cloudy and the winters are long, cold, windy and mostly cloudy. The temperature typically varies from 36? to 73? and is rarely below 26? or above 83?.
Q. How many students study in RPI?
There are over 7,442 students studying in RPI.
Q. Who are the top Alumni of RPI?
- John Joseph Albright, Class of 1868
- Leading industrialist, entrepreneur, and philanthropist, (1848 – 1931),
- Marta Ruth Bohn-Meyer, Class of 1979, Groundbreaking female test pilot and NASA administrator
- (1957 – 2005),
- Charles I. Cassell, Pioneering African American architect and civil rights activist/leader,Class of 1951 (1924 – 2021),
- Edgar M. Cortright Jr., Class of 1947, Senior NASA official; aeronautics scientist
- (1923 – 2014),
- Peter E. Hart, Class of 1962, renowned computer scientist; ‘Shakey the Robot’ innovator (1941–)
- James A. Parsons, Class of 1922, leading metallurgist; stainless steel pioneer (1900–1989)
- Augustine Sackett, Class of 1862, Inventor of drywall/sheetrock; entrepreneur (1841 – 1914)
- Kathryn Egloff Zoon- Class of 1970, Groundbreaking immunologist and government infectious disease, allergy leader (1948–)
- Fraser-Liggett, a leading microbiologist and former director of the Institute for Genomic Research
- Steven Sasson, inventor of the first digital camera.
Student Faculty Ratio