The Indigenous Commonwealth Accommodation Scholarship is awarded by CQ University Australia to Australian Citizens of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent studying or intending to study selected STEPS, TEP, undergraduate, or postgraduate program at the university. The scholarship is administered by the Australian Government to extend financial support to students from low socio-economic backgrounds residing in regional and rural areas.
Eligibility Criteria/Scholarship Guidelines:
To be eligible, an applicant:
- Must be an Australian Citizen of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent enrolled or intending to enroll in select undergraduate degrees, associate degrees, enabling courses, or postgraduate programs at the university.
- Must be a Commonwealth supported student at the university.
- Should preferably from a regional or rural area and should be receiving Centrelink Benefit.
- Should demonstrate low family income.
How to apply:
- Should submit an online application along with confirmation of identity, income statements, payslips and Centrelink Statements (if applicable) and resume through the university website.
- Should also submit a 500-word essay outlining the applicant’s life experiences, extracurricular activities, career goals, and how the scholarship can help the applicant to achieve his or her goals stated in the essay.
The scholarship awards AUD 2756
The scholarship is valid for one term however the applicant may re-apply for the second term.
Get In Touch
Organization / Institution Name
CQ University Australia