California Institute of Technology overview
United States of America
Study in United States of America with California Institute of Technology
Q. What is the main USP of the California Institute of Technology?
The University has accreditation by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. The academic programs of the University have affiliations including AAU, URA, AITU, APRU, and Sun-Grant. It is known for its science and engineering programs. It is counted as the best academic institution in the world. It generates a passion for technology and innovation in the students.
Q. What is the ranking of the California Institute of Technology?
- It ranked 9th in the World Universities Rankings by ARWU.
- It ranked 2nd in the World Universities Rankings by THE.
- It ranked 7th in the National Universities Rankings by THE.
- It ranked 9th in the National Universities Rankings by US News and World Report.
Q. How many students study at the California Institute of Technology?
There are more than 2,000 students in the University of which more than 1.000 are postgraduates and more than 9,00 are undergraduate enrolment.
Q. Who are the top Alumni of the California Institute of Technology?
- Kip Thorne (Theoretical Physicist)
- Linus Pauling (Chemist)
- Gordon Moore (Businessman)
- William Shockley (Physicist)
- Howard Hughes (Business Magnate)
- Benoit Mandelbrot (Mathematician)
- Donald Knuth (Computer Scientist)
- Stephen Wolfram (Computer Scientist)
- John McCarthy (Computer Scientist)
- Robert Tarjan (Computer Scientist)
- Ivan Sutherland (Computer Scientist)
- David Bohm (Scientist)
- Robert C. Merton (Economist)
- Frank Oppenheimer (Physicist)
- Chester Carlson (Physicist)
Student Faculty Ratio