Florida Institute of Technology
United States of America
Study in United States of America with Florida Institute of Technology
The Florida Institute of Technology is a private research university in Melbourne, Florida. The Institute was founded in the year 1958 as Brevard Engineering College. In 1966, the University changed its name to what it is known as today Florida Institute of Technology. The university is classified as “R2 Doctoral University conducting high research activity. The university has a diverse community of students coming from more than 100 countries. The institute is a STEM university that is known for its Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics.
Florida institute of Technology Programs and Courses
Florida institute of Technology programs and courses are as follows:
Major colleges of Florida Institute of Technology are listed below:
- College of engineering and science
- College of aeronautics
- College of psychology and liberal arts
- Nathan bisk college of business
- Honors college
To know about the entire bachelor’s, masters and doctoral program, click here: https://www.fit.edu/programs/melbourne/
To know about the online programs, click here: https://www.fit.edu/programs/online/
As the University is known for its research, it has various research centers. To name a few:
- Center for high resolution microscopy and imaging
- Human spaceflight laboratory
- Center for organizational effectiveness
- Wind and hurricane impact research laboratory
- Laser, optics and instrumentation laboratory
To know in detail about the research, click here: https://www.fit.edu/research-overview/
Florida Institute of Technology Rankings and Achievements
Florida Institute of Technology Rankings and Achievements are as follows:
According to the U.S News and World Report, the rankings are listed below:
- Ranked 202 in National universities
- Ranked 288 in top performers on social mobility
- Ranked 162 in best undergraduate engineering program
Other achievements are as follows:
- No. 4 Florida University by Wall street journal
- Tier 1 best national university
- Golden age University by Times Higher Education
- Top 20 Technical institute by Fiske guide to colleges
Florida institute of technology USP
The university is classified as “R2 Doctoral University conducting high research activity. The university has a diverse community of students coming from more than 100 countries. The institute is a STEM university that is known for its Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. Princeton Review has named Florida Tech Institute of Technology as a Green college. The university is known for its various research centers and its outstanding achievements in research.
Florida Institute of Technology Notable Alumni
Florida Institute of Technology Notable Alumni are as follows:
- Richard Hatch: Actor
- Lela A. Buis: Author and poet
- Many Abad: Professional football player
- Tim Wakefield: professional baseball player
- Catharina Haynes: federal judge
- Albert Scott Crossfield: Astronaut
- Sunita Williams: Astronaut
- Richard Adams: Inventor
- Felix Soto Toro: NASA Engineer
- Jacey Jetton: Member of the Texas house of representatives
Florida Institute of Technology Infrastructure and Services
Florida Institute of Technology Campus is located in Melbourne, Florida, also known as the Space Coast. The campus is spread across 130 acres that comprises various buildings. The campus has administrative buildings, residential and dining halls, botanical gardens, and academic buildings. The University also has off-campus sites in Virginia, New Jersey, Maryland, and Alabama.
Florida Institute of Technology has wide collections of resources both in print and digital. The main campus library is the John H. Evans Library. The library is well-equipped with modern day technology. The services that the library provides to its students are as follows:
- Study rooms
- Course reserves
- Borrowing library material
- Interlibrary loan
- Learning center
- Working opportunities at the library
- Printing and scanning
- University archives
- Research guides
To know more about the library services, click here: https://lib.fit.edu/
Florida Institute of Technology Housing services offers a variety of options to accommodate students. The residential halls have double occupancy room, apartments that provide a variety of amenities including cable TV, laundry facilities, Ethernet connection and wireless.
The residential halls are as follows:
- Brownlie hall
- Campbell hall
- Columbia village
- Evans hall
- Mary star of the sea
- Roberts hall
Apartment options are as follows:
- Columbia village apartments
- L3Harris village apartments
- Panther bay apartments
- Southgate village apartments
Cost of the housing varies from one hall to another. The prices range from $2500 to $5500.
The details of all the halls and their charges are mentioned here: https://www.fit.edu/housing/cost-of-housing/
Visit here for application and forms: https://www.fit.edu/housing/applications-and-forms/
The Holzer health center of the University provides medical assistance to all the students. The services that are being provided by the center are as follows:
- Acute illness
- Acute injury
- COVID testing by appointment (students only)
- Mental health medication management
- Family planning services
- Women’s health services
- Sexual transmitted disease testing and treatment
- Sports medicine injuries
- Referrals at provider discretion
- Vaccination administration
- Tuberculosis testing
- First aid
- Travel medicine
- Allergy injections
- Laboratory blood draw
- Chiropractic care
- Psychiatrist appointments
To know more, click here: https://www.fit.edu/health/
Florida Institute of Technology students clubs are actively conducting various events in the university. The student clubs and organization give the students an opportunity to learn different skills, plan and execute events, and widen their horizons. There are different clubs in the campus working towards different agendas. There are around 200 clubs at the University. To name few of its clubs:
- Active minds
- Anime club
- Bowling club
- Civic engagement
- Drone club
- Ethos community garden club
- Fake news clubs
- Free diving club
- It’s on us
- Newman club
Florida Institute of Technology, location
Florida Institute of Technology Campus is located in Melbourne, Florida, also known as the Space Coast. The campus is spread across 130 acres that comprises of various buildings. The University has also off-campus sites in Virginia, New Jersey, Maryland, and Alabama.
Florida Institute of Technology top landmarks
Florida Institute of Technology top landmarks are as follows:
- The river view
- Myles building
- Union Cypress sawmill
- Florida power and light company ice plant
- Big orange
- Naval air station
- Bok tower gardens
- Melbourne military memorial park
Florida Institute of Technology nearest airports
Melbourne Orlando International airport
International student support
The office of the International student and scholar services offers assistance to the International students on admission.
150 W. University Blvd.
Melbourne, FL 32901
Visa and Immigration
Visas that are issued to enter into the United States to study are the F1Visa and J1 Visa. You can follow the following steps to apply for Visa:
- First you will receive an I-20 or DS-2019, confirming your admission to the university.
- After that, schedule an appointment at the US Embassy to apply for a nonimmigrant visa.
- Complete a visa application and, when applicable, forms DS-156, DS-157 and DS-158
- Obtain valid passport
- Compile evidence of ties to your home country that demonstrates your intent to return home (i.e., assured employment, ownership of property, etc.)
- Pay the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) fee and keep receipt.
- There are some additional documents that you are required to show:
- Applicable visa fees
- Your I-20 or DS-2019 form
- Proof of funding
To know more in detail, click here: https://www.fit.edu/international-student-and-scholar-services/incoming-students/obtaining-your-visa/
Scholarship for International students
In the 2022-2023 academic years, Florida Institute of Technology will offer two renewable, annual scholarships for up to four years (nine semesters) of study to selected first-time undergraduate international students. For this one has to first complete the admission process then one has to demonstrate interest in intercultural learning and exchange. To apply for the scholarship, you have to submit the application by February 15.
There are also other scholarships of the university that any student is eligible to apply after admission. Click here to know: https://www.fit.edu/financialaid/current-students/undergraduate/types-of-aid/
There are also various scholarships sponsored by different organizations. To know about them, click here: https://www.fit.edu/financialaid/outside-scholarships/
How to apply?
Essential requirements for the students are as follows:
- English Language Proficiency - If English is not your home language, you must give evidence of proficiency before you enroll in any academic coursework at Florida Institute of Technology
- Obtaining your I-20 from the University.
- The office of International Student and Scholar Services has prepared a helpful guide containing all the information regarding entering in the U.S.
brochure for International students
For freshman students undergraduate admission following are the requirements:
- Completed Common Application or Florida Tech Application
- Transcript(s) from your high school, or secondary school, with courses and grades posted at least through your junior year.
- Standardized test results (SAT or ACT)
- Personal essay
- Letter of recommendation from a teacher, mentor or coach
The link for common application form: https://apply.commonapp.org/login?ma=434
Florida Institute of Technology students clubs are actively conducting various events in the university. The student clubs and organization give the students an opportunity to learn different skills, plan and execute events, and widen their horizons. There are different clubs in the campus working towards different agendas. There are around 200 clubs of the University. There are also certain campus traditions that are being followed in the campus like: welcome weeks, student leadership symposium, trip series, homecoming week, family weekend, international festival.
There are also student leader awards that are given to the students for outstanding performances in intercollegiate athletics, house governments, orientation programs, community service, etc.
The athletic teams of the University are known for their achievements at various championships making the university proud. There are different sports that are being played by both men and women of the University like: baseball, soccer, cross country, golf, water polo, swimming and diving and many more. There are also various fitness programs organized in the university. Students can also seek personal training from the instructor.
Food and drinks
Florida Institute of Technology Food and Drinks options are as follows:
- Panther dining hall
- Panther grocery
- Rathskeller pizza and grill
- Black kats kafe
- Twisted bliss smoothies
- Einstein Bros Bagel
- Cosmic creamery
Florida Institute of Technology weekend getaways are as follows:
- Gleason performing arts center
- Florida tech botanical garden
- Karen’s kayak
- Sunset park
- Escape room entertainment
- Custom adventures and equipments
- Ruffner park
- Southwest recreation complex
- Andretti thrill park
- Turkey creek sanctuary
The team at the career services guides the students on various career opportunities. There are career fairs and events and also workshops and seminars organized by the office of career services. They also help students in preparing resumes. To search for job, one can make an account on the “handshake”.
To know more, click here: https://www.fit.edu/career/students/
How can we add value to your Higher Education Journey
Our top consultants can guide & ensure your admissions into Florida Institute of Technology. We have successfully counselled students for their admission into many top universities like Florida Institute of Technology , University of Washington , Harvard University , Imperial College London, University of California San Francisco , University of Michigan Ann Arbor and many other top universities.
Contact Us Now We also can help you with following Services
College Profile for Florida Institute of Technology
Shortlisting of Colleges and Universities in United States of America
Visa Guidance for United States of America
Florida Institute of Technology Programs
Florida Institute of Technology Application Requirements
IELTS score requirementsA strong proficiency in the English language is essential for admission into universities in United States of America. To be able to get a successful admission in Florida Institute of Technology in United States of America students need to complete IELTS with a minimum score of 6.
Click here to book a free diagnostic test with our expert trainers
Florida Institute of Technology Cost of studies
Bachelors: $ 38,000
Fees vary for each program. Please visit program page for specific fees.
Florida Institute of Technology Deadlines
Bachelors: Florida Tech operates with a rolling admission policy and accepts applications anytime throughout a student’s senior year in high school.
Masters: Spring-September 1, Summer-February 1, Fall-April 1
Deadlines vary for each program. Please visit the program page for specific deadlines.
Florida Institute of Technology Rankings
RegionalUnited States of America
150 W. University Boulevard! Melbourne! FL 32901,United States of America