Rutgers University Newark
United States of America
Study in United States of America with Rutgers University Newark
Rutgers University, Newark is one of the three regional campuses of Rutgers University of New Jersey. Rutgers University is categorized as “R2: Doctoral Universities – High Research activity”. The motto of the university is “Sol iustitiae et occidentem illustra” that means “Sun of righteousness, shine upon the west also. The official website of the university is newark.rutgers.edu.
Rutgers University, USP
The most popular majors of Rutgers University are Finance, Psychology, Logistics, Materials and Supply Chain Management. It is one of the nation’s leading urban public universities for graduate, undergraduate and professional research and studies. It is the only university in the United States that is a colonial college, land grant institution and a leading national public research university.
Rutgers University, History
Rutgers University was established in 1766 and it is the eighth oldest college in the United States. Rutgers University is a member of the Association of American Universities. Officially, Rutgers-Newark came into existence in 1946, when the New Jersey State Legislature voted to make the University of Newark part of Rutgers University.
Rutgers University, Library
The main library of Rutgers University is John Cotton Dana Library. The library has more than 600,000 books, bound periodicals and government publications and 15,000 audiovisual items. It has access to several thousand electronic journals in all academic disciplines. Dana’s gallery and exhibition areas host art exhibitions, while special events and concerts are hosted year round in the Dana room.
Other libraries of the Rutgers University are –
- The Institute of Jazz Studies – it is the largest and most comprehensive library and archive of jazz and jazz related materials in the world
- Don M. Gottfredson Library
- Rutgers Center for Law and Justice
Rutgers University, Schools and Colleges
The schools and colleges of the Rutgers University are –
- Newark College of Arts and Sciences
- University College
- School of Criminal Justice
- Graduate School
- School of Public Affairs and Administration
- Rutgers Business School
- Rutgers Law School
Rutgers University, Ranking and Achievements
The rankings of the Rutgers University are –
- The university ranked 198 by Times.
- It ranked 115 by U.S. News & World Report
- It also ranked 42 by Washington Monthly
- The university ranked 9th in criminology, 6th in supply chain/ logistics, 13th in public management and leadership and 10 in urban policy in the National Program Ranking.
Rutgers University, Research Centers
Some of the research centers of Rutgers University are –
- Institute of Jazz Studies
- National Center for Public Performance
- Center for Molecular and Behavioral Neuroscience
- Division of Global Affairs
- Institute for Ethical Leadership
- Institute on Education Law and Policy
- Joseph C. Cornwall Center for Metropolitan Studies
- Newark Schools Research Collaborative
- Center for Urban Entrepreneurship & Economic Development
Rutgers University, Courses
Some of the courses of the Rutgers University are –
- Business and Science
- Creative Writing
- Environmental Studies
- Global Affairs
- Liberal Studies
- Management Science
Students can further find the courses of their choice on the official website of the university that is https://www.newark.rutgers.edu/academics/areas-of-study-departments
Rutgers University, Alumni
The notable alumni of the Rutgers University are –
- Raymond G. Chambers – philanthropist and humanitarian
- Michael Patrick Carroll – New Jersey assemblyman
- Michael Embrich – writer, historian
- Charles Evered – writer/director
- Zulima Farber – former New Jersey Attorney General
- Louis J. Freeh – former director of Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Nia Gill – New Jersey Senator
- Jaynee LaVecchia – judge of Supreme Court
- Judith Viorst – author
- Tracey Scott Wilson – playwright
Rutgers University, Student Life
Woodward hall is assigned to the freshmen students. These apartment style suites are non-cooking and contain three double bedrooms as well as bathrooms. The rooms are fully furnished and the building includes a 24 hour computer lab and laundry room.
Returning and transfer students are assigned to University Square and Talbott Apartments. Both offer single rooms in either three persons or four persons shared apartment and include a computer lab, study/social lounges, television lounges and laundry room.
- The Observer – Independent student run newspaper
- Encore – student yearbook
- WRNU – radio station
- The Newark Metro – a multimedia web magazine
SPORTS AND FITNESS
The Rutgers field team competes in NCAA Division III sports: men’s and women’s basketball, cross-country, soccer, tennis, track & field, volleyball, baseball and softball. The Golden Dome Athletic Center is the hub of Rutgers- Newark athletics which has a seating capacity of around 2,000 people. Soccer and softball games are held in Alumni Field and the Rutgers Newark baseball team plays at Bears & Eagles Riverfront Stadium.
Rutgers University, Top Landmarks
The famous places to visit around the Rutgers University are –
- Branch Brook Park
- Prudential Center
- New Jersey Performing Arts Center
- Cathedral Basilica of the Sacred Heart
- Newark Museum
- Newark Penn Station
- Newark Public Library
- St. Lucy’s Church
- AirTrain Newark
Rutgers University, Food and Drink
- Hobby’s Delicatessen & Restaurant
- Spanish Tavern
- Fornos of Spain Restaurant
- Tops Diner
- Casa Vasca
- Seabra’s Marisqueira
- Don Pepe restaurant
- Casa d’ Paco
- La Fiamma
- Krug’s Tavern
Rutgers University, Scholarship and Financial Aid
Nearly 75% of the entering students receive an offer of financial aid from Rutgers – Newark. Rutgers develops a customized financial aid package based on the student’s qualifications, financial need and funds available to the university. A financial aid package may include any or a combination of these major financial aid sources: gift aid (grants, scholarships and awards), loans and work study.
Rutgers University, Fee Structure
Tuition for full time, New Jersey residents attending Rutgers University in Newark is $10,954; for non residents it is $25,732. Fees are $2,343 and the cost of room and board is $12,509.
Rutgers University, Entry Requirements
The entry requirements of the Rutgers University are –
- GPA score of 3.5 and above
- SAT score of 1050-1400 depends on the different colleges of the university
- ACT score of 20-35 depends on the different colleges of the university
- IELTS score of 7.0
Further students can check their eligibility on the official website of the Rutgers University that is newark.rutgers.edu
Rutgers University, Newark, Acceptance rate
The Acceptance rate of Rutgers University, Newark is 74%
Where to apply
Students can directly apply on the official website of the Rutgers University, Newark that is newark.rutgers.edu
How can we add value to your Higher Education Journey
Our top consultants can guide & ensure your admissions into Rutgers University Newark. We have successfully counselled students for their admission into many top universities like Rutgers University Newark , Stanford University , University College London , University of Toronto St George, University of Cambridge , University of Washington and many other top universities.
Contact Us Now We also can help you with following Services
Rutgers University Newark Programs
Rutgers University Newark Application Requirements
IELTS score requirementsA strong proficiency in the English language is essential for admission into universities in United States of America. To be able to get a successful admission in Rutgers University Newark in United States of America students need to complete IELTS with a minimum score of 6.
Rutgers University Newark Cost of studies
Bachelors: $ 29,012
Fees vary for each program. Please visit program page for specific fees.
Rutgers University Newark Deadlines
Undergraduate: October 1
Graduate: Deadlines vary for each program
Deadlines vary for each program. Please visit program page for specific deadlines.
Rutgers University Newark Rankings
RegionalUnited States of America
249 University Avenue, Newark, NJ 07102,United States of America