University of Birmingham Dubai overview
United Arab Emirates
Study in United Arab Emirates with University of Birmingham Dubai
Q. What is the main USP of this University?
- A globally recognised education- We are one of the Top 100 Global Universities, ranked 81st as per QS ranking 2020. The world ranking of any university is extremely important to understand the value of the learning experience and the value of the degree certificate in the global market. The QS university ranking system evaluates universities based on the key metrics of: academic reputation, research output, faculty-to-student ratio, and also the number of international students and faculty members.
- We are a part of the prestigious Russell Group of universities, which includes the University of Oxford, Cambridge, Imperial and University College London. Russell Group universities are research-led and considered academically excellent.
- Intensive research facilities- 11 noble prize winners: 11 of our former staff and students have been awarded Nobel Prizes. From revealing the structure of DNA to developing new treatments for heart disease and cancer, the research and work of our Nobel Prize winners has made an impact worldwide. Our Birmingham Heroes continue to tackle some of the world’s greatest challenges, from anti-biotic resistance, Zika and Ebola to cyber security and sustainable energy.
- Excellence in teaching- We hold a Gold rating in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF). This framework was introduced by the British Government to recognise and encourage teaching excellence in universities and colleges. It is intended to help you choose where to study, by providing clear information about teaching provision and student outcomes. Being awarded the highest rating in TEF means you can be assured of our commitment to delivering outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for our students.
- Increasing the employability rate- The University of Birmingham is a global institution that commands a strong international reputation, because of this, many of our students embark on careers across the globe with multi-national employers and the university has been rated as the top 2 most targeted universities by leading employers (High Fliers 2020). As a student of the University of Birmingham Dubai, you will have access to our Expert Careers Advice Team and a wide range of services to help you take that next step towards employment.
- Student experience- Studying at the University of Birmingham Dubai will be an enriching experience that takes in all aspects of life – social and cultural as well as educational. This holistic Student Experience includes our dedicated Student Wellbeing Officer and Students Association team who organise various fun social activities, competitions, cultural days and sports challenges. We also have a dedicated Students Association room on campus with pool tables, foosball tables, PlayStation, chill areas and lots of board games and books.
- Dynamic Dubai - Dubai is a young and exciting city, known for its diversity, friendliness and dynamic economy. A global business hub with state-of-the-art infrastructure and technology, Dubai offers opportunities to experience different cultures like few other cities on Earth.
- Year Two at our Edgbaston Campus- To gain further international experience by electing to study the second year in Birmingham as part of your undergraduate degree programme (subject to academic attainment)
- New campus launches in 2021- A 50,000 sq.metre campus will be located in the Dubai International Academic City which is designed to encourage collaboration across all academic disciplines, with flexible learning spaces and formal teaching spaces ensuring teaching and research can work in tandem. The new campus will include state-of-the-art facilities including a soundproof library, auditorium, large and small classrooms, fully equipped computer and engineering labs, green open spaces and a grand entrance to welcome you in September 2021.
- Outstanding scholarship options- The scholarship options are designed to reward the academic excellence and these financial awards can be carried forward through the entire programme in foundation, undergraduate and postgraduate levels. They also give the Dubai students the exceptional opportunity to use your acquired Dubai scholarship at our UK campus if you decide to study there in Year 2.
- Brand name of the university- This is not a franchise, branch or partner university, it is the University of Birmingham. They adhere to the exact teaching standards and values as the Birmingham campus in the UK. The Dubai campus was built to extend educational excellence and equal opportunities to students here in the Middle East and neighbouring countries. Our curriculum is the same as the UK campus and our academic staffs are employed by the Schools and Colleges in Birmingham. Because of this, students will receive a University of Birmingham degree certificate and transcript when they graduate.
- Global community- Be a part of a network of more than 300,000 alumni across the world including UAE, India, Singapore and China.
Q. What is University of Birmingham-Dubai famous for?
A founding member of the Russell Group and Universitas 21, the University of Birmingham is a prestigious, world leading educational institution, which provides an exceptionally high level of teaching. Birmingham is renowned for producing highly employable and successful graduates.
Q. Is Dubai a large city?
It is a leading global city with a multicultural population where almost 80% are expats
Q. What's the weather around University of Birmingham-Dubai?
Dubai has a sub-tropical, arid climate. Sunny, blue skies can be expected most of the year. Rainfall is infrequent and irregular, falling mainly in winter. Temperatures range from a low of about 10C/50F to a high of 48C/118.4F.
Q.Who are some of the top Alumni of University of Birmingham-Dubai?
Some of the top alumni are:
Ciaran Danielis, Director of Plusfile International FZC
(BSc International Business, 2012)
Bhavishya Kanjhan Director, Computer Care Group
(BSc Computer Science and Business Management 2008; MSc International Business, 2009)