United States of America
Study in United States of America with Fordham University
Fordham University is located in the oldest city of Fordham in the Northeastern United States. The university in the beginning was established as St. John’s College by John Hughes in the year 1841. In 1904, Father John J. Collins made an announcement that the college would now become the Fordham University. The University began its process by opening graduate schools. The University every year enrolls around 15,000 students from different countries. The university also offers world-class research. Fordham is a Jesuit and Catholic University.
Fordham University Programs and Courses
Fordham University Programs and Courses are mentioned below:
- Fordham College at Lincoln Center
- Fordham College at Rose Hill
- Gabelli School of Business
- School of Professional and Continuing Studies
- Gabelli School of Business
- Graduate School of Arts and Sciences
- Graduate School of Education
- Graduate School of Religion and Religious Education
- Graduate School of Social Service
- School of Law
To know about the various major and minor courses, click here:undergraduate-admission
To know about the Undergraduate research programs, click here: undergraduate_research
For graduate degree programs, click here:graduate_degree_programs
To know about the certificate courses graduate_degree_programs
Fordham University Rankings and Achievements
Fordham University Rankings and achievements are as follows:
- Ranked 66 in Best National Universities by the U.S. News and World Report
- Ranked 38 in Best colleges for Veterans
- Ranked 44 for Best Undergraduate Teaching
- Ranked 82 in Top Value Schools
- Ranked 141 among top colleges by Forbes
- Ranked 62 in the Best Value in Private Universities by Kiplinger
- Ranked 10th in Undergraduate International Business Rankings
- School of law ranked 27th among best law schools
Fordham University USP
The Fordham University USP is what attracts a huge number of applications around the globe. The university unique programs and courses have been able to set up a benchmark for the students. It is a Jesuit and Catholic University. The University is one of the oldest in the United States. The University is known for its excellence in academics and research. It has also the best libraries among the other universities. The University is known for its high research activity and has been classified as R2.
Fordham University Notable Alumni
Fordham University Notable Alumni include some of the major names in the field of science, politics, arts, and many others. To name a few:
- Donald Trump: Former President of the United States
- Geraldine Ferraro: First Female Vice President Candidate
- John O. Brennan: Director of Central Intelligence Agency
- Mary Higgins Clark: Novelist
- Patricia Clarkson: Academy award nominated actress
- Andrew Cuomo: Governor of New York
- Jack Keane, Vice Chief of Staff of the United States Army
- Denzel Washington, Academy Award-winning actor
- Alan Alda, Emmy and Golden Globe-winning actor
Fordham University Infrastructure and services
Fordham University Campus is situated in Fordham, United States. The University along with its main campus has also two other campuses. The Lincoln Center campus is in Manhattan. The Rose Hill campus is in the Fordham neighborhood that is in the Bronx. The other campus is Westchester that is in West Harrison, New York. All the three campuses are beautiful in its way and have different schools and courses to offer.
To know more about the Lincoln center, click here: lincoln_center_campus
To know more about the Rose Hill Campus, click here:
To know more about the Westchester campus, click here:
Fordham University Libraries are the best among other Universities. The libraries are known for its world-class facilities.
- The William D. Walsh Family Library at Rose Hill contains over 1,000,000 volumes and 380,000 government documents.
- The Gerald M. Quinn Library at Lincoln Center contains some 500,000 volumes and is named in memory of the late Dean of Fordham College at Lincoln Center.
- The Fordham Westchester Library houses over 30,000 volumes and serves Fordham's graduate schools of Business, Education, Religious Education and Social Services.
To know about all the services of the library, click here:resources/libraries
Fordham University Housing services give the students plenty of options. The housing services are available at two of its campuses, the Rose Hill and the Lincoln center.
The Rose Hill Campus
The Office of Residential life looks after all the services and gives information regarding housing services. The Rose Hill Campus residence hall has green spaces, fitness centers, on-campus dining, and various student clubs and organizations. After admission, one can also select the rooms online. There is a $200 housing deposit for Fall 2022 - Spring 2023 that will be accepted at loginp.fordham
Room selection manual:drive.google.com
For First Year the student housing is as follows:
- Alumni Court South
- Loschert Hall
- Queen's Court Residential College
- Loyola Hall Residential College
- Martyrs' Court
- Faber Hall
To know about the residential form living-on-campus
Lincoln Center Campus
For the first-year students, there are two residential halls.
The Hall includes free laundry, two study lounges, one movie lounge, one game lounge, one dance lounge, six “living room” lounges, and a large kitchen and multi-purpose seminar room on the top floor. Good connectivity Internet access available in the room and also throughout the hall.
McMahon Hall includes 24-hour security, study lounges, social lounges, three laundry rooms, and a fitness center. For Undergraduate students there are single or double bedrooms in either two-bedroom or three-bedroom apartments. The apartment are fully furnished, air-conditioned and includes one or two bathrooms, a living/dining room area, and a kitchen.
Residential guidelines and forms click here: living-on-campus-at-lincoln-center
To know about the off-campus housing services, click here:off-campus-housing-resources
Fordham University has its very own health center. The following are the medical services provided by the health center:
- Primary Care
- Physical Examinations
- Women's Health Care
- Men's Health Care
- LGBT Health Care
- Allergy Health Clinic
- Laboratory Test and X-rays
- Special Referrals
- Physical Therapy at Rose Hill Campus
- Emergency Medical Services
There are also various safety and wellness programs and services for the students and the faculties. To know more: safety-health-and-wellness
Fordham University Student Clubs are very active and engaging. They keep on organizing various events to keep the students entertained. Students also learn different skills by joining the clubs and organization. As the University has different campuses, there are also different clubs in each campus. To name a few:
Rose Hill Student Organizations:
- Alternative investment club
- Meditation club
- Astronomy club
- Chess club
- Outdoors club
- Running club
- Dear awareness club
- Ski and snowboard club
- Value investing club
Lincoln center student organizations:
- Coding club
- Philosophy club
- Marketing club
- Filmmaking club
- Songwriting club
- Fashion for Philanthropy
- Feminist alliance
Fordham University Location
Fordham University Campus is situated in Fordham, United States. The University along with its main campus has also two other campuses. The Lincoln Center campus is in Manhattan. The Rose Hill campus is in the Fordham neighborhood that is in the Bronx. The other campus is Westchester that is in West Harrison, New York.
Fordham University Top Landmarks includes:
- Fordham university church
- Bronx Zoo
- Crotona park
- Yankee stadium
- Wave hill
- Woodlawn cemetery
- Van Cortland park
- Hall of fame for Great Americans
- Gould memorial library
Fordham University Nearest Airport is New York La Guardia (LGA) Airport. The others airports are:
- Teterboro Airport
- John F. Kennedy International Airport
- Westchester County Airport
- Newark Liberty International Airport
International students Information
How to Apply?
One can follow the following steps to apply:
- Common Application, including the essay and optional short answer response in the writing section,
- Pay $70 application fee.
- Letter of Recommendation
- English Language Proficiency Test Results. International students whose first language is not English must demonstrate their proficiency through English Language Proficiency test results.
- TOEFL iBT: 90+ (Fordham code: 2259)
- TOEFL ITP Level 1 Test with Vericant Interview option (China only): 575+
- IELTS & IELTS Indicator: 7.0+
- Duolingo English Test: 120+
- SAT or ACT results (SAT code: 2259; ACT code: 2748)
For the common application form: commonapp.org
Early Action (non-binding): November 1
Early Decision (binding): November 1
Priority Performance (Required Deadline For All Theatre Or Dance Major Applicants): November 1
Regular Decision: January 1*
*The Regular Decision deadline has been extended to January 15.
November 1 Deadline
Students who are looking to enroll at Fordham in January 2022 should apply as Spring 2022 applicants.
Visa and Immigration support
The official website of the university clearly explains all the requirements regarding the services. One has to first figure out the category of Visa that he/she is eligible for. After that one can look for the requirements.
- To apply for an F-1 student visa, you must have: an acceptance letter from Fordham University, a Fordham I-20 document.
- To obtain a I-20 document, you must provide:
a completed Application for Certificate of Eligibility (AFCOE), a supporting bank statement demonstrating proof of funding for at least one year of full-time study at Fordham University, a copy of the information page of your passport
For any further queries, contact: [email protected]
Scholarships for International students
There are certain scholarships specifically for the International students. They are as follows:
- Maurice J. and Carolyn Dursi Cunniffe Presidential Scholarship
- Excellence in Theatre Scholarship
- Fordham Recognition Scholarship
- Dean's Scholarship
- Fordham Theatre Scholarship
- Loyola Scholarships
To know about the financial aids provided by the University, click here: international-student-scholarships
Fordham University student life is entertaining and quite engaging because of the various traditions that are being followed in the campus. The student groups and organizations are very active and organizes various events on large-scale. These provide learning and lifetime experiences for the students. There is Campus Ministry that provides "opportunities and resources for spiritual growth to members of the community. The university is committed towards various sustainability initiatives.
The Observer is the name of the newspaper run by the students of the Lincoln Campus. There are a number of journals of the university. Fordham Political Review, is an "undergraduate publication dedicated to politics, economics, social sciences, international affairs, and culture.”
The university follows various traditions that are as follows:
- The President’s Ball
- The winter ball
- Under the tent dance
- The festivals of lessons and carols
- The liberty cup
- The Rams Crusader trophy
The university's athletic teams, the Rams, participated in history's first televised college football game in 1939 and history's first televised college basketball game in 1940. The University has various fitness and recreation programs for the students. You can visit the official website to know more fordhamsports.com
Food and drinks
To know about the Lincoln Campus dining options, click here: LocationsAndMenus/LincolnCenter
To know about the rose hill campus dining options, click here: LocationsAndMenus/RoseHill
To know about the Westchester campus dining options, click here:LocationsAndMenus/WestChester
There are work-study options available for the students of the University. Federal Work-Study (FWS) is awarded as part the financial aid package and appears on the award letter. One can look for the various types of work-study jobs here: types-of-financial-aid/student-employment
How can we add value to your Higher Education Journey
Our top consultants can guide & ensure your admissions into Fordham University. We have successfully counselled students for their admission into many top universities like Fordham University , Columbia University , University of California Berkeley , University of Washington, University College London , Massachusetts Institute of Technology and many other top universities.
Contact Us Now We also can help you with following Services
Fordham University Programs
Fordham University Application Requirements
IELTS score requirementsA strong proficiency in the English language is essential for admission into top universities in United States of America. To be able to get a successful admission in Fordham University in United States of America students need to complete IELTS with a minimum score of 7.
Fordham University Cost of studies
Masters: Fees vary for each program.
Fees may vary for each program. Please visit program page for specific fees.
Fordham University Deadlines
Undergraduate: January 1
Graduate: Deadlines vary for each program.
Deadlines may vary for each program. Please visit program page for specific deadlines.
Fordham University Rankings
RegionalUnited States of America
113 W. 60th Street,United States of America