Study in Netherlands with Maastricht University
Maastricht University Background
Maastricht University was established in Maastricht, the Netherlands in 1976. More than 16000 students study at the university out of which 47 per cent are international students. Around 50 per cent of the programs are offered in English rest are taught in Dutch. The Masters and Doctoral programs are offered in English.
Maastricht University Programs and Courses
The teaching and research activities are divided into departments, schools, and institutes. The faculties at the University are Faculty of Health, Faculty of Law, Medicine and Life Sciences, Faculty of Psychology and Neuroscience, School of Business and Economics, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, Faculty of Science and Engineering
Maastricht University Campuses
The university owns buildings in two different locations in Maastricht. Historic building in the city center house the arts, humanities and social science departments. The modern Randwyck campus on the outskirts of the city houses the medical and life sciences departments.
Maastricht University Tuition
Tuition fees at Maastricht University are different for each program, and it also varies for nationality to nationality. It is determined annually by law for public universities. For bachelors and masters program the fee currently amounts to 2060 euros.
Maastricht University Programs
Maastricht University Application Requirements
Maastricht University Cost of studies
Bachelors: € 8,000
Masters: € 17,500
Fees may vary for each program. Please visit the program page for specific fees.
Maastricht University Deadlines
Bachelors: April 1
Masters: Deadlines vary for each program.
Deadlines may vary for each program. Please visit the program page for specific deadlines.
Maastricht University Rankings
Maastricht University Scholarships
1. Maastricht University Holland High Potential Scholarships for International Students
The Maastricht University (UM) Holland-High Potential Scholarship program offers 24 full scholarships of €29.000 (including tuition fee waiver and a monthly stipend) each academic year for highly talented students from outside the European Union (EU) who have been admitted to a Master’s program at UM.
The Holland High Potential Scholarship consists of a High Potential Scholarship combined with a Holland Scholarship.
Eligibility Criteria/ Scholarship Guidelines
All candidates must meet the following requirements:
• Must hold nationality in a country outside the EU/EEA and meet the requirements for obtaining an entry visa and residence permit for the Netherlands.
• Must apply for admission to a full-time Master’s program at Maastricht University for the 2019-2020 academic year.
• Must meet the specific admission requirements of the UM Master’s program to which you have applied.
• Should never participate in a degree-seeking higher education program, a primary education program, or a secondary education program in the Netherlands. Students who completed exchange programs in the Netherlands are welcome to apply.
• Must not be over 35 years of age on 1 September.
• Must receive excellent results during your prior education programs, as demonstrated by your latest grade transcript or certified by academic excellence. If several applicants are equally qualified, we will give preference to applicants whose academic transcript or certified letter of academic excellence demonstrate that they are among the top 5% of the 2019/20 scholarship program applicants.