University of California Davis
United States of America
Study in United States of America with University of California Davis
The University of California Davis is a public land-grant Research University which is located in Davis, California, USA. It is the northernmost of the University of California system's ten campuses. In 1905, it was established as an agricultural division of the system, and in 1959, it became the University of California's eighth campus. Established as a primarily agricultural campus, UC Davis Graduate Studies offers 90 research programs, and the university has grown over the last century to include graduate and professional programs in medicine (which includes the UC Davis Medical Center), law, veterinary medicine, education, nursing, and business management, in addition to 90 research programs. The UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine is the country's largest veterinary school, and it has been ranked first in the world for five years in a row (2015–19).
University Programs, Courses, and Schools
There are 102 undergraduate majors and 101 graduate programs at the university. It has a viticulture and enology department. Undergraduate majors at UC Davis are organized into four colleges:
- UC Davis College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
- UC Davis College of Biological Sciences
- UC Davis College of Engineering
- UC Davis College of Letters and Science
UC Davis College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences-
Agricultural Sciences Division-
- Animal Science
- Biological and Agricultural engineering
- Plant pathology
- Plant sciences
- Agronomy and Range science
- Environmental horticulture
- Vegetable crops
- Viticulture and Enology
Environmental Sciences Division-
- Environmental science and Policy
- Environmental toxicology
Human Sciences Division-
- Managerial Economics (formally Agricultural and Resource Economics)
- Environmental Design
- Food Science and Technology
- Human and Community Development
- Textiles and Clothing
UC Davis College of Biological Sciences-
The University of California, Davis College of Biological Sciences (often referred to as the CBS by students) was founded in 2005 and is one of four colleges and five schools on the UC Davis campus. Davis is the only UC campus with a college completely dedicated to the study of biology and it is one of the few universities in the United States to do so.
UC Davis College of Engineering-
- Biological and Agricultural engineering
- Biomedical engineering
- Chemical engineering and Materials science
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
UC Davis College of Letters and Science-
The College of Letters and Science is a division of the University of California, Davis that focuses on liberal arts, mathematics, and science education.
The university is categorized among "R1: Doctoral Universities–Very high research activity". The National Academy of Sciences has 23 members, the American Academy of Arts and Sciences has 30 members, the American Law Institute has 17 members, the Institute of Medicine has 14 members, and the National Academy of Engineering has 14 members. Two Nobel Prizes, a Presidential Medal of Freedom, three Pulitzer Prizes, three MacArthur Fellowships, and a National Medal of Science have all been awarded to university staff, graduates, and researchers.
U.S. News & World Report ranked UC Davis as the No. 2 "Most Innovative" public university in California. Schools with "the most innovative advancements in terms of curriculum, faculty, students, campus life, technology, or facilities," according to college administrators.
University Notable Alumni-
- Richard A. Andersen (neuroscientist), professor of neuroscience at the California Institute of Technology
- Tani E. Barlow, professor of history at Rice University
- Bonnie Bassler, professor of molecular biology, Princeton University, MacArthur Fellowship.
- Hugo J. Bellen, professor of molecular and human genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, and Howard Hughes Medical Institute Investigator.
- Gregory Berns, Distinguished Chair of Neuroeconomics in the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Emory University School of Medicine.
- Daniel T. Blumstein, professor, and chair for the Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology at UCLA.
- Robert Boyd, professor of the School of Human Evolution and Social Change (SHESC) at Arizona State University.
- James F. Brooks, professor of history at the University of California, Santa Barbara.
- Janet Broughton, professor of philosophy and vice provost of UC Berkeley.
- Julia Chan, professor of chemistry at the University of Texas at Dallas
- Constance J. Chang-Hasnain, professor of electrical engineering at the University of California, Berkeley.
- Philippe Desan, professor of French and history of culture at the University of Chicago.
- M. Brent Donnellan, professor of psychology at Texas A&M University.
- Bonnie S. Dunbar, former professor in the department of molecular and cell biology at Baylor University.
- Mustafa Emirbayer, professor of sociology at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- Max Essex, professor of health sciences at Harvard University.
- Lewis J. Feldman, professor of plant biology at UC Berkeley.
- Heinz Insu Fenkl, Professor of English, the State University of New York, New Paltz
- Katherine Ferrara, professor of radiology at Stanford University
- Cynthia Friend, Theodore William Richards Professor of Chemistry and Professor of Materials Science at Harvard University
University infrastructure & services
The main campus is located on the outskirts of Davis, a city in Northern California. The university also has a presence in Sacramento, California's capital, where UC Davis Health is based. The Davis campus is easily accessible from Davis, a thriving college town with a population of around 68,000 people. World-class sites such as the San Francisco Bay Area, Lake Tahoe, and the Napa Valley are all within a two-hour drive. UC Davis Health is located in Sacramento, California's capital city, and is the region's only academic health center. Apart from this UC Davis has eight campuses as well.
- UC Davis Medical Center,
- Tahoe Environmental Research Center (TERC),
- Bodega Bay Marine Laboratory,
- UC Davis San Diego Veterinary Medicine Center,
- Natural Reserve System,
- San Francisco Bay Area Campus,
- Sacramento Campus,
- UC Center Sacramento
There is a huge library at UC Davis. Students largely depend on the library for their academic success at UC Davis. Here the tools available to you can help you add depth and detail to what you've learned in class. Students who use university libraries, on the other hand, get better scores and become more active lifetime learners. The library has more than 10 million assets including books, magazines, journals, databases, maps, and music. Everything is available in digital form along with print. As a student, you are free to fully access the library system. The library has expert staff who are available to solve your every problem. Students can also access the library's special collection through the staff. The main building of the library is known as Shield Library, known as one of the favorite places of students. The reading room is open 24 hours a day.
Housing services are available at the university. It's a dorm-style campus. Academic guidance, event space, and markets with international delicacies and local treats are all available in the halls. Residents' gardens keep you in touch with nature and nurture you and living and learning groups link you with others who have mutual interests. There are so many halls where students live peacefully.
- Segundo Residence Hall,
- Tercero Residence Hall,
- Cuarto Residence Hall,
- The Green at West Village Apartments,
- UC Davis Apartments
One of the country's premier medical schools, a nationally ranked 627-bed acute-care teaching hospital, a 1,000-member physician practice group, and the Betty Irene Moore School of Nursing are all part of the academic health system. It houses a comprehensive cancer center designated by the National Cancer Institution, an international institute for neurodevelopmental disorders, a cutting-edge stem cell program, a top-ranked comprehensive children's hospital, and other nationally prominent centers. UC Davis Student Health and Counseling Services deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that is targeted to students' specific needs. Medical, mental health, and wellness services are available to all registered UC Davis students, regardless of insurance coverage.
Through the University Campus, students can find their own community, whether they are interested in cultural identity, outside exploration, religion, future profession, artistic expression, or community service. There are over 800 student clubs on campus.
- Welcoming student centers,
- AB540 and Undocumented Student Center,
- Cross-Cultural Center,
- LGBTQIA Resource Center,
- Student Community Center,
- Transfer and re-entry students,
- Veterans and military-affiliated students,
- International students,
- Foster youth.
- Aggie Ambassadors-Student Outreach for the College of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences.
- AMS Club - Departmental Club for ATM majors.
- Astronomy Club.
- Biotech Club.
- Botany Club.
- Chicano and Latino Engineers and Scientists Society.
- Chemistry Club @ UC Davis.
- Citrus Circuits
Top landmarks nearby, top companies, airports nearby
Sacramento International (SMF) and San Francisco International (SFO) airports are both close to UC Davis (SFO). You will most likely fly into one of these airports and then take ground transportation to Davis or Sacramento, depending on your origin.
International Students Info
UC Davis offers a variety of resources and services to assist international students in settling into campus life and preparing for a successful academic career abroad. Students can help your transition to your new community, the Services for International Students and Scholars (SISS) office can help you with visa and immigration difficulties as well as financial, cultural, academic, and personal support. Meet other students and learn about the UC Davis campus and culture by participating in the Global Ambassadors Mentorship Program. Their International and Academic English unit provides programs to assist students in achieving academic success. Summer Start is a six-week program that allows students to get a head start on their coursework while getting to know the campus, meeting new people, and enjoying summer in California. Their Arrival Checklist
Visas & Immigration support
To apply for a student visa, most international students will use either an I-20 Form or a DS-2019 Form. Before SISS can produce your I-20 or DS-2019 form, you must first be admitted to UC Davis and confirm that you want to attend. They must choose between applying for an F-1 or J-1 visa. SISS is here to assist international students, particularly during this period of visa application. As a supplementary document for students' applications, they are providing an official letter of support. When submitting your visa application or attending your in-person interview, you may choose to include this with your documents. The university provides an International Student Scholar Handbook in which each and every piece of information is there. If you are an international student you should read out this handbook before applying.
International student contact
International students can visit here for their admission, visa, and all information-
Email: [email protected] | Phone: (530) 752-0864 | Fax: (530) 752-5822.
Sports and fitness
On-campus, there are a variety of sports and students can choose their own interests. The University of California, Davis Aggies (commonly known as the Ags or Aggies) are the athletic teams that represent the university. Baseball, men's basketball, men's cross country, men's golf, men's soccer, men's tennis, men's track & field, softball, women's basketball, women's beach volleyball, women's cross country, women's golf, women's soccer, women's tennis, women's track & field, women's volleyball, and women's water polo are among the school's 25 intercollegiate sports that compete in the Big West Conference. The Aggies participate in Division I Football Championship Subdivision (FCS) (previously known as Division I-AA) and are members of the Big Sky Conference, making UC Davis one of only three UC campuses with a football team. The ARC's main fitness space is the 13,000 square-foot Fitness Center, which is located right opposite the Information Desk. Members can create their own exercise programs and work toward their particular fitness goals using 43 various pieces of cardio equipment. This facility helps students to stay fit and refreshed.
Health & Wellbeing
With primary care services, women's health, specialized clinics, counseling services, and health promotion and education, the new Student Health and Wellness Center at UC Davis plays a critical part in meeting this objective and better supporting the student body. Student participation is encouraged via meditation rooms, a wellness garden bordered by a walking track, and a demonstration kitchen. The new facility is very visible and accessible, as it is located on one of the campus' main traffic, cycling, and pedestrian corridors. It is located next to the new Activities and Recreation Center, which connects these two student programs and makes healthy living a part of the college experience. The inside and the outside are linked by the continuity of materials. The building's lively, energetic interiors are shown by finely polished concrete masonry units and translucent curtain walls.
There are many things for students to do as UC Davis residents. There are numerous places where you can keep yourself occupied with a variety of activities.
- Games and recreation centers
- Student Markets
- Amazing food
- Residential Academic Centers
- Resident gardens
- Shared interest communities
Food & drink
UC Davis has a variety of eateries to meet just about every appetite, whether it's for a refreshing beverage, a quick bite to eat, or a comprehensive meal. Delicious, healthy meals prepared from sustainable sources are served by UC Davis Dining Services, which is one of the best collegiate dining services in the country. Dining Services is not alone in ensuring that everyone has access to campus eateries, residential dining halls, coffee shops, markets, and food truck rodeos at UC Davis. On-campus, there are four dining commons, one in each residence hall area (Segundo, Tercero, and Cuarto). While the DCS is primarily used by residents of the residence halls, they are also open to the campus community and the general public. Latitude, which opened in January 2020, is a one-of-a-kind dining experience at UC Davis. This 500-seat eatery, unlike its three eating commons rivals, has a separate retail café and market that serves meals to go, as well as four platforms that divide its cuisine selections into regions: Latin American, Asian, European, and Indian, and Middle Eastern dining.
Every day in Davis, you'll find something new to do between campus and college town. There are dozens of farm-to-fork restaurants as well as weekly events and activities to pick from. Museums, a 100-acre arboretum, an arcade, a bowling alley, and much more can be found here. Name of some places where you can do hangout-
- Davis Campus of the University of California
- Jan Shrem and Maria Manetti Shrem Museum of Art,
- UC Davis Arboretum and Public Garden,
- Mondavi Center for the Performing Arts,
- Farmers Market,
- California Raptor Center,
- Design Museum of UC Davis,
- The Artery,
- John Natsoulas Center for the Arts,
- US Bicycling Hall of Fame,
- Vini Wine Bar,
- Bohart Museum of Entomology,
- De Vere's Pub Davis,
- The Varsity Theater,
- Central Park,
- City Hall Tavern,
- Hattie Weber Museum,
- Davis Transmedia Art Walk Tours,
- Great Bear Vineyards,
- Davis Greenbelt
- Mary L. Stephens Library.
The university allowed students to do part-time jobs. Work-Study is a program that allows students to earn financial help by working. The student's work-study reward is paid in the form of a payroll check for hours worked rather than a financial aid payment.
To see if you are eligible for work-study income for a certain job or internship,
- To be qualified for work-study, you must meet the following criteria.
- You have to contact the university office if you have already completed the FAFSA and have questions about your eligibility.
- Work-study pay must be available at the company where you will be employed. Even if the roles are listed as unpaid, we advise you to investigate with your employer because work-study income is occasionally available.
- UC Davis must have a legitimate work-study contract on file with the organization.
- The hourly wage ranges from $10.00 to $20.00.
Crime Around the area
In 2019, the University of California - Davis recorded 306 crimes and safety issues. These student-involved incidents occurred on or near campus, as well as on school-owned property. With a school body of 38,634, that equates to 7.92 occurrences per 1,000 students. Davis has one of the highest crime rates in America, with a rate of 49 per 1,000 persons, when compared to all communities of all sizes - from the tiniest towns to the greatest cities. There is a one in twenty-one probability of becoming a victim of violent or property crime in this city.
List of popular courses
UC Davis, which is located in a small typical college town, is well-known for its exceptional biological and agricultural scientific programmes. Additionally, its engineering, social sciences, physical sciences, mathematics, and arts and humanities programmes are well-known and distinguished.
- Biological sciences
- Neurobiology, physiology, and behavior,
- Managerial economics
- Animal science
- Biochemistry and molecular biology
- Computer science
Most significant software businesses hire from UC Davis, as well as other universities in the United States and internationally. Small firms don't normally have career affairs, so being close to Silicon Valley is advantageous, but they do find and hire quality candidates from UC Davis (through networking, alumni connections, Linkedin, Recruiting agencies, etc.). So, as long as you have a solid foundation in technology and are prepared, you should be considered.
Famous companies who recruit directly from University of California Davis Campus-
More than 3,000 companies, including Apple, Amazon.com, Wells Fargo, DuPont, and Genentech, advertise job openings at UC Davis to find qualified candidates.
- Median Earnings 5 Years After Graduation 70000 (example)
- Median Earnings 2 Years After Graduation 45000 (example)
- Employed 2 Years After Graduation 80% (example)
- Employed 6 months After Graduation 70% (example)
Brochures & applications (PDF) - (this can be a doc, pdf or image file)
- Application form
- University Brochures , etc..
You can visit official website for more information regarding admission- https://www.ucdavis.edu/admissions.
How can we add value to your Higher Education Journey
Our top consultants can guide & ensure your admissions into University of California Davis. We have successfully counselled students for their admission into many top universities like University of California Davis , Stanford University , Imperial College London , University of California San Francisco, Massachusetts Institute of Technology , Yale University and many other top universities.
Contact Us Now We also can help you with following Services
University of California Davis Programs
University of California Davis Application Requirements
IELTS score requirementsA strong proficiency in the English language is essential for admission into universities in United States of America. To be able to get a successful admission in University of California Davis in United States of America students need to complete IELTS with a minimum score of 6.5.
University of California Davis Cost of studies
Fees may vary for each program. Please visit the program page for specific fees.
University of California Davis Deadlines
Bachelors: November 30
Masters: Deadlines vary for each program.
Deadlines may vary for each program. Please visit the program page for specific deadlines.
University of California Davis Rankings
RegionalUnited States of America
1 Shields Avenue,United States of America