University of La Verne
United States of America
Study in United States of America with University of La Verne
University of La Verne
The University of La Verne is a Private University situated in La Verne, California, United States. The university was founded in the year 1891 by the members of the Church of the Brethren. The university first started as Lordsburg College and then later on in 1917, the University was renamed as what it is known by today The University of La Verne. The university though started small in the beginning now offers around 50 undergraduate programs, 20 master degrees and also doctorate degree.
University of La Verne Programs and Courses
University of La Verne Programs and Courses are as follows:
University of La Verne has some major colleges that are listed below:
- College of arts and sciences
- College of business and public management
- LaFetra college of education
- College of health and community well-being
- College of law
To know about all the degrees and programs, click here: programs
You can download the course catalog, here: catalog
To know about the courses in different regional campuses, click here: locations
To know about the online courses, click here: laverne.edu/online
To know about extended learning programs, click here: extended-learning
To know about professional development courses, click here: courses.net
University of La Verne Rankings and Achievements
University of La Verne Rankings and Achievements are as follows:
According to the U.S. News and World Rankings:
- Ranked 7th for social mobility nationally
- Ranked 66 for best value school
- Ranked 136 for best national universities
- Ranked 111 for best graduate school in public affairs
- Ranked 4 in offering the best online programs
- Ranked 6 for its programs in the Greater Los Angeles area
University of La Verne USP
The University is known for its faculties and for the programs that are student-centered. The undergraduate students are supposed to be part of the thesis project where they will be working under a faculty member. This offers a close student-faculty interaction that is very much important as the students are given utmost attention. The course structure and the way of teaching not only help the students to learn and thrive but also at the same time prepare them for real-life problems. The university has around 7000 students including in all its 10 campuses. The university is also known for its adult education.
University of La Verne Notable Alumni
University of La Verne Notable Alumni are as follows:
- Art Acevedo: Miami Chief of Police
- Joseph Aston: American film actor
- Vernard Eller: Author
- Phil Esbenshade: Professional Skateboarder
- Darren Kavinoky: Motivational speaker
- Dan Quisenbeery: Professional baseball player
- Joaquin Zendejas: Professional football player
- Ross Mathews: Television host and personality
- Jessica Dominguez: Immigration lawyer
- Sandra Hutchens: American law enforcement officer
University of La Verne Infrastructure and Services
University of La Verne Campuses are beautiful in their own way as they are situated in and across California. The main campus is situated in 1950 3rd street, La Verne, California. It is the first and the biggest campus of the University. The La Verne campus offers the undergraduate and professional courses. The campus has the residential halls, academic buildings, administrative buildings, the library and many other buildings.
To know more about the La Verne campus, click here: locations/la-verne
The university has also many other regional campuses that are spread across in California. They are as follows:
- Bakersfield campus: The campus is located in the River walk, 10800 Stockdale, Hwy, Bakersfield, California. The campus also offers evening classes. To know more about the campus, click here: locations/bakersfield
- Burbank campus: The Burbank Campus is located in 4001 W Alameda Avenue, Suite 300, Burbank California. The campus offers both graduate and undergraduate degree courses. To know more click here:locations/burbank
- Irvine campus: The campus is located in Michelle Drive, Suite 250, Irvine, California. The campus other than its courses also offers educational counseling. To know more, click here: locations/irvine
- Ontario campus: The campus is located on Guasti Road, Ontario, California. The campus offers courses for working adults. To know more , click here: locations/ontario
- Naval Base Ventura County campus: The campus is located in Point Mugu, NAWC, California. The campus offers courses to serving military members. To know more, click here: locations/nbvc
- Santa Clarita campus: The campus is located on Rockwell Canyon Road, Santa Clarita, California. The campus other than degree courses also offers credential courses. To know more, click here: locations/santa-clarita
- Vandenberg Space Force Base: To know about it, click here: /locations/vandenberg
- College of Law: To know about the college of law, click here: law.laverne.edu
The University of La Verne Library is named the Wilson Library. The library has a variety of research resources both in print and digital, study spaces, and is well equipped with modern day technology. The library organizes various workshops, events, and academic coaching. The library also has archives and special collections. To know more about the library, click here: library.laverne
The University of La Verne Housing services have various options for the students. The residential halls have all kinds of facilities that meet all the basic requirements of the students. There are double rooms, single rooms, apartments and what not. There are three residential halls that are as follows:
- Citrus hall
- Vista La Verne residential hall
- The Oaks
To know more about the residential halls, click here: /residence-halls
The application process starts from March 1 every year. New students can apply here: housing/wp-content
The fees of the housing services vary from one residential hall to the other. The approx fee is around- $3000 to $5000.
To know in detail about the fee structure, click here to download the pdf file: -Rate-Sheet
There are also off housing options available for the students. Click here to check the list of all housing options: off-campus-housing
The Student Health Services of the University looks after the wellbeing of the students and its staff. The students can take appointments and visit the doctors from Monday to Friday during the working hours. The health services that are available are as follows:
- Minor surgery
- Medical supplies
- Physical exams
- Women’s health
- Laboratory services
- Wound care/ sports injury
- Health insurance policy
To know more about the medical services, click here: insurance
University of La Verne students clubs are actively conducting various events in the university. The student clubs and organization give the students an opportunity to learn different skills, plan and execute events, and widen their horizons. There are different clubs in the campus working towards different agendas. The office of student life manages and provides all the support to the student clubs and organizations. To name a few club:
- First generation club
- Brothers forum
- Common ground
- Umoja club
- Multicultural club council
- International students organization
To know more, click here:multicultural/clubs-organizations
University of La Verne Location
The University of La Verne is located at 1950 3rd St, La Verne, California, United States. This is the location of the main campus that is the first and the biggest campus of the University. The university also has many other regional campuses that are spread across in California.
University of La Verne Top Landmarks are as follows:
- Claremont heritage
- La Verne heritage foundation
- Philips mansion
- Historical society of Pomona valley
- City of Claremont
University of La Verne nearest airports are as follows:
- Ontario International airport
- Los Angeles International airport
International student support
The office of International student engagement guides all the international students regarding admissions, Visa and Immigration process, and about the financial aids provided by the university.
Visa and Immigration services
The step that needs to be followed to get an I-20 from La Verne are as follows:
- Apply to the university programs and courses.
- Finish the application process (reference letters, transcripts, proof of English proficiency) and provide proof of finances.
- Once all the documents are verified you will receive a letter from the school, college or department stating that you are admitted to the program.
- You will also receive a letter from the Undergraduate or Graduate Admissions offices acknowledging that you are admitted and that you may pay the $200 non-refundable confirmation fee.
- You will receive an email with instructions on filling out the I-20 and how to upload your supporting documents.
- OISE will contact you once your I-20 has been issued.
To know in detail about the U.S F1 student Visa, click here: applying-for-visa
Here is the link to the pdf file that guides the International students on Visa and Immigration: oise/wp-content/uploads
Scholarship for International students
University of La Verne Scholarships for International Students offer a good financial support to the students to manage their expenses. The university offers merit scholarship to all its International students based on the test scores. The scholarship ranges from $3000 t $30000 per year. Here is the list of the scholarships that are awarded based on the scores.To know more, click here: scholarships
The student clubs and organization give the students an opportunity to learn different skills, plan and execute events, and widen their horizons. One can make good connections and have a wonderful experience. There is Campus Lab Engage that allows students to find events and organizations to join. There are counseling and psychological services for the students. The Office of Civic and Community Engagement, The Office of Multicultural Services, the Campus Activities Board, and other resources offer each student a number of ways to participate. The Sara and Michael Abraham Campus Center is the heart of activity at the University of La Verne. There are different club meetings, events happening at the center.
Art and media
The university has its own newspaper called “the campus time”. It also has its own radio station called LeoFM. The university has art galleries like the Harris art gallery, west gallery and tall wall space. There are different theatre groups and photography clubs.
The athletic teams of the University are known for their achievements at various championships making the university proud. There are different sports that are being played by both men and women of the University like: baseball, soccer, cross country, golf, water polo, swimming and diving and many more.
To know more about the athletics, click here:leopardathletics.com
Food and drinks
University of La Verne Food and drinks options are as follows:
- The spot dining hall
- Barbara’s place
- Café allegro
- Warehouse pizza
- House of wings
- Granny yogurt
- Roberta’s village inn
- Lordsburg taphouse and grill
University of La Verne Weekend Getaways options are as follows:
- Auto club raceway at Pomona
- Wally parks motorsport museum
- Float shuttle
- California botanic garden
- Rock climb everyday
- Trapped escape room
The Office of Human Resources prepares students for various career avenues. Students can look for various job opportunities according to their interest areas here: peopleadmin
How to apply?
- Apply using either the La Verne Application or the Common App.
- Submit a non-refundable $50 application fee
- Then write a personal statement essay about yourself. The essay should not exceed 250 words.
- Then Submit your transcripts to the Office of Admission.
- Letter of Recommendation. Consult a teacher, academic counselor, supervisor, who can write a letter about your work ethic and character.
- Proof of English Proficiency.
- Official Test Scores
Fall semester (freshman)
Fall semester (transfer)
Link to application form: admissions
Link to common application form:commonapp.org
To know about the English proficiency requirements, click here: admission/international/english-proficiency
University of La Verne Programs
University of La Verne Application Requirements
IELTS score requirementsA strong proficiency in the English language is essential for admission into universities in United States of America. To be able to get a successful admission in University of La Verne in United States of America students need to complete IELTS with a minimum score of 6.5.
University of La Verne Cost of studies
Bachelors: $ 43,004
Fees vary for each program. Please visitthe program page for specific fees.
University of La Verne Deadlines
Undergraduate: Fall-February 1, Spring-December 1
Graduate: Deadlines vary for each program.
Deadlines vary for each program. Please visit program page for specific deadlines.