University of Mississippi
United States of America
Study in United States of America with University of Mississippi
University of Mississippi
The University of Mississippi, also known as Ole Miss, is a research-based public university located adjacent to Oxford, Mississippi. The university is the state’s and second largest university by enrollment in Mississippi. The motto of the university is “Pro scientia et Sapientia” that means “For Knowledge and wisdom”. The official website of the university is www.olemiss.edu
University of Mississippi, USP
The University of Mississippi is among the top universities of the United States. It provides top quality academics, expert faculty and numerous research opportunities for their students. It offers comprehensive graduate programs in humanities, social sciences and in STEM fields
University of Mississippi, Campus
The main campus of the University of Mississippi is the Oxford campus. The buildings of the campus are designed in Georgian architectural style. The campus’ center is “The Circle” which consists of eight academic buildings. The oldest building of the campus is the Lyceum. It also includes University High School, Barr Hall, Bondurant Hall, Farley Hall, Faulkner Hall, Hill Hall, Howry Hall, Isom Hall, Longstreet Hall, Martindale Hall and Vardhman Hall. The university also owns and operates the University of Mississippi Museum, which comprises collections of American fine arts, classical antiquities, southern folk art and historic properties.
University of Mississippi, Schools and Colleges
The school and colleges of the University of Mississippi are –
- College of Liberal Arts
- School of Law
- School of Engineering
- School of Education
- School of Medicine
- School of Pharmacy
- School of Business Administration
- School of Journalism and New Media
- School of Nursing
- School of Health Related Professions
- School of Dentistry
- School of Applied Sciences
- Graduate School
- School of Graduate Studies in the Health Sciences
University of Mississippi, Alumni
The notable alumni of the University of Mississippi are –
- Florence Mars – writer
- Boston Globe – Journalist
- Tate Taylor – Emmy Award
- Mose Allison – musician
- Glen Ballard – Grammy Award Winner
- Mahesh Bhupati – 12-time grand Slam Champion
- Jeanne – US senator
- Bill Waller – Mississippi Supreme Court chief Justice
- Thomas K. McCraw – Pulitzer Prize winner
- William Parsons – Director of NASA’s Stennis Space Center
University of Mississippi, Top Landmarks
The famous places to visit around the University of Mississippi are
- Beau Rivage casino
- Rodney Ghost Town
- The Institute for Marine Mammal Studies
- Biloxi visitor Center
- Mississippi Civil Rights Museum
- Biloxi Beach
- Mississippi Museum of Natural Science
- Natchez Trace Pakway
University of Mississippi, Food and Drink
- Half Shell Oyster House of Gulfport
- Starfish Café
- Big Play Entertainer Center
- The Tatonut Shop
- French Kiss Pastries
- The Rack House Steak & Spirits
- Half Shell Oyster House of Biloxi
- Taranto’s Crawfish
- Shaggy’s Pass Harbor
University of Mississippi, Courses
Some of the courses of the University of Mississippi are
- Chemistry & Biochemistry
- Computer & Information Science
- Modern Language
- Physics & Astronomy
- Writing & Rhetoric
- Sociology & Anthropology
- Theater & Film
Students can further find the course of their choice on the official website of the university that is https://catalog.olemiss.edu/programs
University of Mississippi, Library
The main library of the University of Mississippi is John Davis Williams Library. The Williams Library is the general library for the university community and houses the main collection of books, manuscripts, periodicals, microforms, government publications, audio visual materials and maps. The library has more than 2,500,000 volumes, 1,000,000 electronic resources and 2,500,000 unique titles.
The other library and collections of the University of Mississippi are –
- The Science Library – It serves primarily students and faculty in the School of Pharmacy, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry and the Natural Products Center. It has more than 65,000 volumes and includes 3 group study rooms.
- Archives and Special Collections
- Government Documents
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountant
University of Mississippi, Student Life
Some of the traditional events hosted by University of Mississippi are –
- Hotty Toddy – it is a common greeting on campus, also used in the school Chant.
- Tailgating Tradition – it is a gaming tradition.
- The Heighty Tighties – it is a regimental band
There are 13 residential halls, 2 residential colleges and 2 apartment complexes in the University of Mississippi. First year students are required to live on-campus. Residential halls provide information and resolve issues through community assistants. Some of the residential halls of the university are –
- The University Magazine – it is the first student publication of the University of Mississippi.
- The University Record – first student newspaper
- The Daily Mississippian – student newspaper
- NewsWatch – TV channel
- WUMS 92.1 – Radio FM
University of Mississippi, Entry Requirements
The entry requirements of the University of Mississippi are
- GPA score of 3.5 and above
- SAT score of 1050 and above
- ACT score of 21 and above
- IELTS score of 6.0 and above
Students can further check their eligibility on the official website of the university that is www.olemiss.edu
University of Mississippi, Ranking and Achievements
- In U.S. News & World Report’s 2022 Ranking University of Mississippi is ranked 148th among national universities and 67th among public universities.
- According to Chronicle’s the University of Mississippi ranked 84 among 253 colleges and universities. It ranked the 2nd safest in the SEC and one of the safest in the nation.
- The university has 27 Rhodes Scholars, 10 Goldwater Scholars, 7 Truman Scholars, 18 Fulbright Scholars, 2 Gates Cambridge Scholars, 1 Mitchell Scholar, 19 Boren Scholars, 1 Boren Fellow and 1 German chancellor Fellowship.
University of Mississippi, Scholarship and Financial Aid
The University of Mississippi has many scholarships that have been made available to the donations of alumni and friends of the university. Some of the Scholarships are -
- Academic Common Market Scholarship
- Arabic Language Flagship Scholarship
- Chinese Language Flagship Scholarship
- Intensive Summer Program Scholarship
- Honors College Scholarship
- Ole Miss Opportunity Scholarship
- Other Scholarship
- University Foundation Scholarship
How can we add value to your Higher Education Journey
Our top consultants can guide & ensure your admissions into University of Mississippi. We have successfully counselled students for their admission into many top universities like University of Mississippi , University of California San Francisco , University of California Los Angeles , University of Michigan Ann Arbor, Stanford University , University of Toronto St George and many other top universities.
Contact Us Now We also can help you with following Services
University of Mississippi Programs
University of Mississippi Application Requirements
IELTS score requirementsA strong proficiency in the English language is essential for admission into universities in United States of America. To be able to get a successful admission in University of Mississippi in United States of America students need to complete IELTS with a minimum score of 6.
University of Mississippi Cost of studies
Masters:Fees vary for each program. Please visit the program page for specific fees.
Fees vary for each program. Please visit the program page for specific fees.
University of Mississippi Deadlines
Deadlines vary for each program. Please visit program page for specific deadlines.
University of Mississippi Rankings
RegionalUnited States of America
University of Mississippi Scholarships
1. International Academic Excellence at University of Mississippi
The Office of International Programs (OIP) is housed with the Office of Global Engagement (OGE). Their primary functions also include Advance internationalization strategy of the University of Mississippi They serve as an advocate for the University’s international community. Assisting prospective international students with the application, admissions and enrollment services. They also assist enrolled international students with arrival, adjustment, and immigration advisory services and programs which support their acculturation and integration. Assisting international faculty, scholars, and staff with beneficial advice which are related to their employment and relocation to the USA. They even assist academic units in the development and facilitation of institutional or program-specific international collaborations programs. They are host to international delegations who are visiting our beautiful campus. They ensure the University’s compliance with federal regulations are related to international students and personnel.
Eligibility Criteria/ Scholarship Guidelines
International students who are recruited by and apply directly to the university as degree-seeking undergraduate students, and who will hold a temporary visa/status in the USA will be considered for International Academic Excellence Scholarships (AES-INTL).
They are generally offered on the basis of a student’s academic merit; they vary according to a student’s earned high school grades (minimum 3.25 out of 4), availability of funding, underrepresented country designation, and English proficiency scores.
Scholarships are generally offered for enrollment starting with a fall term, are non-deferrable and non-transferable, though are renewable, provided academic progression and grade requirements are met, and lawful presence in the USA is maintained.
Scholarships are generally credited non-resident fees and resident tuition fees. They may be combined with other scholarships, but may not exceed the full non-resident fee or resident tuition.
International students who are externally funded (e.g. from their own government) may not qualify for these scholarships.
Students who are applying through OMI are not eligible for International Academic Excellence scholarships.