Established in 1850, the University of Sydney is a public research university located in Sydney, Australia. It is the oldest university in Australia. In addition to its main campus (the Camperdown campus) the university has other satellite campuses and research facilities in Sydney and other parts of Australia. The university has five Nobel Laureates, two Crafoord Laureates, 24 Rhodes Scholars, and several Gates Scholars associated with it.
The University of Sydney comprises of various schools and faculties: Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences; University of Sydney Business School; Sydney Dental School; Faculty of Engineering and Information Technologies; Faculty of Health Sciences; Sydney Medical School; Sydney Nursing School; Sydney Pharmacy School; Faculty of Science; Sydney School of Architecture; Design and Planning; Sydney Conservatorium of Music; and Sydney Law School.
The total student population at the university is more than 52,000 students of which over 33,000 are enrolled in the undergraduate programs and the student-faculty ratio is 8:1. The University of Sydney attracts students from over 130 countries.
The University of Sydney has partnered with Study Group to provide the Foundation Program, English Preparation Program, and Achievers Preparation Program. The Foundation program prepares students to study a diverse range of undergraduate degrees including Medicine, Law, Commerce, Architecture, Veterinary Science, and Visual Arts. It is the most effective pathway to the University of Sydney. The High Achievers Preparation Program is an 18-week program specifically designed for high achieving students who have excellent academic results and English skills but have just missed out on direct entry to the University of Sydney. This program will help the student to fast-track into the first year of a bachelor's degree at the university within 5 months. The Academic English Preparation (AEP) program will give support to the student to raise student’s language skills to the level needed to be successful.
*GoToUniversity has partnered for Foundation Program, English Preparation Program, and Achievers Preparation Program with the University of Sydney and provides free counseling and application services.
University of Sydney Programs
Average Academic Score
Pre-Foundation: AUD $13,000
AFY Foundation (Standard): AUD $26,800
AFY Foundation (Intensive): AUD $26,800
Fees may vary for each program. Please visit program page for specific fees.
Deadlines may vary for each program. Please visit program page for specific deadlines.
University of Sydney Rankings
1. University of Sydney International Scholarships
The University of Sydney calls upon applicants who are qualified to undertake a Postgraduate Research Degree or Master’s by Research program at this University to apply for the University of Sydney International Research Scholarship (USydIS). The objective behind the USydIS is to attract top quality international postgraduate students to undertake research projects which will enhance the University’s research activities.
Eligibility Criteria/ Scholarship Guidelines
To be eligible for the USydIS, you must:
• One must be an international student commencing full-time enrolment in a Higher Degree by Research (HDR) at this University. Pupils may also be considered up until they have consumed a maximum of six months of course candidature.
• One must be a student undertaking study in a subject area identified by the University as within the areas of its current and emerging research strengths.
• One must not hold a research qualification regarded to be equivalent to an Australian Research Doctorate degree, or if undertaking a Research Master’s degree, not hold a research qualification which is regarded to be equivalent to or higher than an Australian Research Master’s degree.
• Not have held an Australia Award scholarship within two years prior to commencing the RTP Fee Scholarship.
• One must not be receiving a scholarship for which course tuition is a component under any other scholarship scheme to which the Australian Government makes a substantial contribution.
• One must not previously have received an RTP Fee Scholarship unless the previous scholarship was for a Master by Research degree that you have completed and you are now applying for a doctorate research degree.
• One must not have previously considered for the scholarship up to 3 times within the last 5 years.
2. Architecture Design and Planning Deans Merit Scholarship
The Architecture, Design and Planning Dean's Merit Scholarship is awarded to the full-time undergraduate students pursuing one of the following degree programs: Bachelor of Architecture and Environments, Bachelor of Design in Architecture, Bachelor of Design in Architecture (Honours) and Master of Architecture, Bachelor of Design Computing, or Bachelor of Design Computing and Bachelor of Advanced Studies at the University of Sydney.
Eligibility Criteria/ Scholarship Guidelines:
To be eligible, an applicant:
- Should be a fulltime undergraduate student pursuing in one of the following degree programs: Bachelor of Architecture and Environments, Bachelor of Design in Architecture, Bachelor of Design in Architecture (Honours) and Master of Architecture, Bachelor of Design Computing, or Bachelor of Design Computing and Bachelor of Advanced Studies at the university.
- Should be a high achiever
- Should be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Should have recently completed high school
- Should have a minimum ATAR of 95 or equivalent
NOTE: An applicant should have not completed any prior tertiary studies.
How to Apply:
No application required. Eligible candidates will be considered automatically as part of the admissions process.
Student Faculty Ratio
The University of Sydney,Australia
+64 923 5025