University of Texas Dallas
United States of America
Study in United States of America with University of Texas Dallas
University of Texas
The University of Texas at Dallas is a research based public university. It is the largest public university in the Dallas area of the University of Texas system. The university was founded in 1916. The university is categorized as “Highest Research Activity” – faster than any other school in Texas. The motto of the university is “Discipilna Praesidim Civitals” that means “The Cultivated mind is the guardian genius of democracy”. The official website of the university is www.utdallas.edu
University of Texas at Dallas, USP
The University of Texas at Dallas is among the top universities of the United States. It provides top quality academics, expert faculty and numerous research opportunities for their students. It offers comprehensive graduate programs in humanities, social sciences and in STEM fields.
University of Texas at Dallas, Campus
The main campus of the University of Texas at Dallas is located in Richardson, Texas. The campus includes the Visitor Center, Bookstore, the Naveen Jindal School of Management, athletics District and facilities, half of the founder’s buildings and some on campus student housing.
Other campus locations of the campus
- Waterview Science & Technology Center and the Research Operation Center – it is adjacent to the main campus
- Callier Center – It consists of 8 buildings and Center for Brain Health
- Artist residency Central Trak – located in eastdown Dallas
- The Crown Museum of Art – located in the Arts District in Dallas.
University of Texas at Dallas, Library
The main library of the University of Texas at Dallas is Eugene McDermott Library. It consists of the University Archives, History of Aviation Archives, Louise B. Belsterling Botanical Collection, and some rare books. Another library of the University of Texas at Dallas is Wineburgh Philatelic Research Library.
University of Texas at Dallas, Ranking and Achievements
The rankings of the University of Texas at Dallas are –
- The university ranked 301-400 by ARWU.
- It was ranked 477 by QS World University Ranking.
- It ranked 269 by U.S. News & World Report
- The University ranked 95-114 by ARWU
- It ranked 240 by Forbes
- It ranked 261 in Washington Monthly
- It was also ranked 136 by the U.S. News & World Report.
University of Texas at Dallas, Schools and Colleges
The schools and colleges of the University of Texas at Dallas are –
- School of Arts and Humanities
- School of Arts, Technology and Emerging Communication
- School of Behavioral and Brain Sciences
- School of Economic, Political and Policy Sciences
- Erik Johnson School of Engineering and Computer Science
- Naveen Jindal School of Management
- School of Natural Sciences and Mathematics
University of Texas at Dallas, Alumni
The notable alumni of the University of Texas at Dallas are –
- Michael C. Burgess – United States House of Representatives
- Angie Chen Button – Texas House of Representative
- Ryan Cabrera – Singer
- Naveen Jindal – elected member of India’s Parliament
- Jerry Madden – Texas House of Representative
- John McCaa – Journalist
- James F. Reilly – Astronaut
- Hosanna Yemiry – DART Board of member
- Aaron Aryanpur – Stand-up comedian
- Gabriel Dawe – Writer
University of Texas at Dallas, Student Life
- The Mercury – official student newspaper
- Modest Proposal - another student print
- AMP – magazine which features mostly editorial content
- Radio UTD – university’s student run, internet only radio station
- UTD TV – internet based campus TV station
The residential halls and apartment buildings are owned by the university and privately managed by American Campus Communities under the name University Village Apartment floors plans vary from 1 bedroom to 4 bedroom units and amenities include swimming pools, volleyball courts, outdoor grills and study centers. Residence hall of the university are –
- Residence Hall North
- Residence Hall South
- Residence Hall Southwest
- Residence Hall West
- Residence Hall Northwest
Some of the traditional events of the University of Texas at Dallas are Homecoming, Annual Oozeball Tournament, Ceremonial Mace, Legacy Lane, Welcome Week, Family Day, Splatterdance, Springapalooza and Cecil Green’s Head. The student body is collectively known as the Comets, while the College’s mascot is Temco. The Official color of the university is flame orange, brilliance white and evergreen.
SPORTS AND FITNESS
The University of Texas at Dallas has Division III varsity athletics, competitive club teams and intramural sports teams. Athletics teams are known as Comets while the mascot is Temoc. Varsity sports include baseball, soccer, softball, tennis and volleyball.
University of Texas at Dallas, Courses
Some of the courses of the University of Texas at Dallas are –
- Art History
- Arts, Technology and Emerging Communication
- Bioinformatics and Computational Biology
- Biomedical Engineering
- Business Administration
- Business Analytics
- Child Learning and Development
- Cognition and Neuroscience
- Computer Engineering
- Cyber Security, Technology and Policy
- Data Science
Students can further find the course of their choice on the official website of the university that is https://www.utdallas.edu/academics/degrees/
University of Texas at Dallas, Top Landmarks
The famous places to visit around the University of Texas at Dallas are –
- The Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza
- Dallas Arboretum & Botanical Garden
- Reunion Tower
- The George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum
- Perot Museum of Nature and Science
- Dallas Museum of Art
- Dallas Cattle Drive Sculptures
- Dealey Plaza National Historic Landmarks District
- Klyde Warren Park
- The Dallas World Aquarium
University of Texas at Dallas, Food and Drink
- Pappas Bros. Steakhouse
- Café 43
- Uchi Dallas
- Kenny’s Wood Fired Grill
- Commons Club
- Maple Leaf Diner
- Eatzi’s Market & Bakery
- The Capital Grille
- Truluck’s Ocean’s Finest Seafood & Crab
- Saint Martin’s Wine Bistro
University of Texas at Dallas, Scholarship and Financial Aid
Some of the scholarships of the University of Texas at Dallas are –
- Academic Excellence Scholarship- it is for all freshmen students. It ranges from $3,000 per year for tuition and mandatory fees upto complete coverage
- McDermott Scholars Programs- provides full scholarships and unique cultural and civic opportunities to academically talented students.
- The National Merit Scholars program – full tuition and mandatory fees and a generous additional stipend.
- Terry Scholars Program – offers academic, cultural, service and mentoring opportunities to transfer students.
University of Texas at Dallas, Entry Requirements
The entry requirements of the University of Texas at Dallas are
- GPA score of 3.5 and above
- SAT score of 1050 and above
- ACT score of 21 and above
- IELTS score of 6.0 and above
Students can further check their eligibility on the official website of the university that is www.utdallas.edu
University of Texas at Dallas, Acceptance rate
The Acceptance rate of Carnegie Mellon University is 79%
Where to apply
Students can directly apply on the official website of the University of Texas at Dallas that is www.utdallas.edu
University of Texas Dallas Programs
University of Texas Dallas Application Requirements
IELTS score requirementsA strong proficiency in the English language is essential for admission into universities in United States of America. To be able to get a successful admission in University of Texas Dallas in United States of America students need to complete IELTS with a minimum score of 6.5.
University of Texas Dallas Cost of studies
Bachelors: $ 19,720
Masters: Fees vary for each program.
Fees vary for each program. Please visit the program page for specific fees.
University of Texas Dallas Deadlines
Deadlines vary for each program. Please visit program page for specific deadlines.