Virginia Commonwealth University overview
United States of America
Study in United States of America with Virginia Commonwealth University
Q. What is the main USP of Virginia Commonwealth University?
Ans: It was one the first Universities to have the school of social work and for first organ transplants in Virginia. The university hospital has been ranked 1 in the Richmond metro area. The university has around 28,000 students currently studying and 2441 faculties. It has around 200 programs and the student-faculty ratio is 17:1. The university is classified as “R1 Doctoral University” for conducting high research activity. It is ranked in top 100 in the category of National science foundation Research University.
Q. What is the ranking of Virginia Commonwealth University?
Ans: Virginia Commonwealth University Rankings and Achievements are as follows:
According to the U.S News and World Report the rankings are mentioned below:
- Ranked 172 in National Universities
- Ranked 108 in best colleges for veterans
- Ranked 93 in best value school
- Ranked 127 in top performers on social mobility
- Ranked 85 in top public schools
- Ranked 114 in best undergraduate engineering program
- Ranked 29 in Public management and leadership
- Ranked 48 in best medical colleges
Most of the courses of the university have been ranked the best in the nation. The fine arts course is considered one of the best followed by nursing.
Q. Is Richmond a large city?
Ans: No. It is a small city in Virginia.
Q. What's the weather around Virginia Commonwealth University?
Ans: The weather is generally cold with temperatures dipping down to negative but at the same time summers are really hot and humid.
Q.How many students study in Virginia Commonwealth University?
Ans: There are around 28,000 students studying currently.
Q.Who are the top Alumni of Virginia Commonwealth University?
Ans: Virginia Commonwealth University Notable Alumni includes the following names:
- Diana Al Hadid: sculptor artist
- Tony Cokes: video artist
- Trudy Benson: abstract artist
- Charles Vess: comics illustrator
- Nate Lewis: cut paper sculptor
- Joseph Craig English: printmaker
- David Baldacci: author
- Lucy Dacus: singer and songwriter
- Arpana Agarwal: won 2018 Theodore Reich Young Investigator Award
- John Rollins: professional golfer
Student Faculty Ratio