Curtin University Perth
Study in Australia with Curtin University Perth
Curtin University Perth
Curtin University Perth was founded in 1986. It is a public research university located in Bentley, Perth, Western Australia. The university got its name from John Curtin, Prime Minister of Australia from 1941 to 1945, and it is also the largest university in Western Australia.
In 1986 Curtin University Perth was founded in Bentley, Perth, Western Australia. Initially, university was named Curtin University of Technology and Western Australian Institute of Technology (WAIT). In 1969, three more institutions were merged with university: the Kalgoorlie School of Mines (opened in 1902), the Muresk Agricultural College (opened in 1926), and the Schools of Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy (opened since the 1950s at Shenton Park). In December 1986, the institution was made a university, under provisions of the WA Institute of Technology Amendment Act 1986. In 1987, Curtin University of Technology was Western Australia's third and Australia's first university of technology. In 2010, the university was named Curtin University. The university has many other campuses also in Singapore, Malaysia, Dubai and Mauritius, and is also partnered with 90 exchange universities in 20 countries.
University Programs, Courses and Schools
Curtin University Perth has 15 schools and colleges which are located in its 5 campuses- Curtin Perth, Curtin St Georges Terrace, Curtin Murray Street, Curtin Kalgoorlie and Curtin Midland. The campuses offer wide learning opportunities and challenges to the students. The 15 schools and colleges of the Curtin University Perth are-
- School of Accounting, Economics and Finance
- School of Management and Marketing
- Curtin Law School
- Curtin Medical School
- Curtin School of Allied Health
- Curtin School of Nursing
- Curtin School of Population Health
- School of Design and the Built Environment
- School of Media, Creative Arts and Social Inquiry
- School of Education
- School of Civil and Mechanical Engineering
- School of Earth and Planetary Sciences
- School of Electrical Engineering, Computing and Mathematical Sciences
- School of Molecular and Life Sciences
- Western Australian School of Mines: Minerals and Energy Engineering
Curtin University Perth is a well-known university in Australia. In 2020, Curtin University was ranked #174th globally and 10th nationwide by U.S. News & World Report Best Global Universities Rankings. The university was ranked in the 2020 Academic Ranking of World Universities among the top 201-300 world universities. In 2022, Curtin University was ranked 194th in the annual QS World University Rankings. The university was also ranked 2nd in the world for Engineering - Mineral & Mining. In 2021, it was ranked 5th in Australia for Architecture in the QS World University Rankings by Subject. Curtin University’s Creative Writing staff and alumni have won the Miles Franklin Award seven times in a row.
Curtin University Perth is known as an industry-connected university. The university high-profile collaboration in astronomy and planetary science, energy and sustainability, economics and mineral resources and health departments. Curtin University Perth’s international expansion and strong research determination helped the University in rising rapidly in international rankings like QS and US World News and Report.
University Notable Alumni
Curtin University Perth’s alumni has expert alumni from different backgrounds who are there to serve based on their common passion and responsibility towards the university. Some of the alumni members of Curtin University Perth are-
- Joan Winch, nurse and educator
- Cody Fern, actor
- Samantha Hall, entrepreneur, environmental and Antarctic researcher
- Brad Hogg, cricketer
- Dean Israelite, film director
- John Worsfold, coach of the Essendon Football Club and ex-coach of the West Coast Eagles
- Mouza Sulaiman Mohamed Al-Wardi, museum curator, Director of the Collections Department at the National Museum (Oman).
- James Angus, sculptor
- Natalie Barr, news presenter on Seven Network's Sunrise
- Carrie Bickmore, co-host of The Project (Australian TV program)
- John Butler, musician
- Michaelia Cash, Attorney-General of Australia, member of Australian Senate
- Natalia Cooper, journalist for Nine News at the Nine Network Sydney
- Priya Cooper, Gold medal swimmer at the Sydney Paralympic Games
University infrastructure & services
Curtin University Perth’s main campus is located in Bentley, Western Australia, about 6km south-east of the Perth central business district area. The university has three small off-site campuses within the Perth region. The Graduate School of Business building is situated in the Perth central business district in the renovated former Government Printing Office and the law school is situated on Murray Street campus in the old Public Health Department and Chief Secretary's building. The Australian Resources Research Centre (ARRC) is located in the Technology Park Bentley, beside the main Bentley campus. Curtin university also has campuses outside Perth, the largest being the Western Australian School of Mines at Kalgoorlie, and a number of micro-campuses in locations such as Esperance, Margaret River and Geraldton. Nursing is the only course offered in Geraldton. The Muresk Institute at Northam left Curtin in 2012.
Libraries at Curtin University Perth are an important part of the educational experience and an invaluable resource for students, faculty, staff, and alumni, but also for the broad community. Curtin University Perth offers students a wide number of libraries to study – Central Library, Library 201, Library 418, WA School of Mines Kalgoorlie Library, Curtin Graduate School of Business Library and John Curtin Prime Ministerial Library. The libraries offer a wide range of books and other materials and services to support academic studies and enhance research work at Curtin University Perth. The libraries have a vast collection of books, e-journals and e-books etc. University library is focused to provide high-quality library resources, programs, and services to the students. The libraries provide flexible and well-equipped surroundings to everyone’s research and learning needs. The libraries support the student learning experience, creation and administration of knowledge, and also contribute to advancements in teaching and research programs.
On-campus- Curtin University Perth offers residential communities, where students from all over the country and the world live, learn and grow together. Students have an option to reside in the university’s rooms and flats. University offers on campus accommodation at four separate places which are managed by Uni Lodge. The housing options include Kurrajong Village, Erica Underwood House, Guild House and Vickery House. Curtin University Perth’s housing offers support and convenience, as well as opportunities for personal growth, cultural exploration, and interaction with all facilities and staff. The university’s flats and rooms are perfect for comfortable housing. Students can select the room of their choice based on costs, facilities, location, availability. Through university’s affinity housing students can live in groups of like-minded students who share the same love for sports, literature, film and course. The various services offered in university’s residence halls are-
- Fully furnished rooms
- Large lounges with kitchens
- All-inclusive utilities
- Free Wi-Fi and cable TV
- Free laundry facilities
- Residence Life staff support
- Programming created around a residential curriculum
- 24-hour security and on-call housing staff
Off-campus- Curtin University Perth assists students in finding off-campus housing near university’s campus. They provide convenient housing to students, faculty and staff at nearby universities.
Curtin University Perth provides medical services to students. The Health Services encourage students to live a healthy lifestyle in order to achieve their personal, academic and career goals. They also maintain an emergency response team which responds immediately to any accidents or injuries involving any person on campus. Primary and urgent healthcare, health clearances, routine women’s healthcare, emergency response and wellness education are all part of the services provided. The staff consists of certified physicians and nurses who are dedicated towards their work and provide high quality medical care to students.
Curtin University Perth offers wide variety of students’ clubs and organization which provide wide range of opportunities for students to engross themselves. The university offers everything students need to stay active on campus. Some of the clubs at Curtin University Perth are-
- Advanced science club
- Curtin animation club
- Curtin humanity club
- Curtin chemistry club
- Curtin club rad
- Curtin engineers club
- Curtin game development club
- Curtin Immanuel club
- Curtin illustration club
- Curtin information studies club
- Curtin Japanese club
- Curtin writers club
- Sports club
- Judo club
- Netball club
These are just a few clubs and organizations listed above. There are many other options available to choose from and engross yourself in.
Kent St, Bentley WA 6102, Australia
- Kings Park and Botanic Garden.
- Rottnest Island.
- Fremantle port.
- The Swan Valley.
- WA Museum Boola Bardip
International student’s info
Curtin University Perth offers Undergraduate programs and Graduate programs. Some of the courses are-
- Business, management and law
- Culture, society and indigenous
- Engineering, mining and surveying
- Information technology
- Physical sciences
Overseas Student Support Services at Curtin University Perth provides international educational exchange via its services. It serves as the primary administrative, programming, and advising office for the international community. The office provides various services like-
- immigration assistance and support to international students and exchange visitors through advising, programs, workshops and events.
- serve as a guide for academic and administrative units in the collaboration, hiring and sponsorship of international students and exchange visitors.
- provides on-going orientation and support services in a welcoming environment designed to help students in cultural adjustment.
Visa and Immigration Support-
An Australian student visa is a temporary visa that allows you to come to Australia for a specified period to study at an Australian educational institution. Student visa will allow to:
- undertake full-time study in Australia (100 credits per semester at Curtin)
- stay in and re-enter Australia for the duration of your course
- work up to 40 hours per fortnight during semester and unlimited hours during semester breaks.
- Study Abroad/Exchange students are able to enroll into 75 credits as a minimum enrolment and 100 credits as a maximum enrolment.
- You can apply for visas to bring your family members as dependents as part of your student visa application.
- Applying for a student visa
- You can apply for your student visa after you have accepted your offer from Curtin and received your electronic Confirmation of Enrolment. You can lodge your application through a registered Curtin agent or directly to the Department of Home Affairs (DHA). If you are applying directly, you will need to create an ImmiAccount and apply online through the DHA’s website. More information on student visas can be found on the Department of Home Affairs website.
You will need the following documentation when lodging your application:
- a copy of your Letter of Offer
- a copy of your electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE)
- your passport
- the visa application payment specified on the Department of Home Affairs website.
- Student visa conditions
- There are strict conditions attached to Australian student visas, which you need to understand and comply with. Some of the conditions student visa holders are expected to comply with include:
- Maintaining a full-time study load. For Curtin University students a full-time load is 100 credits per semester.
- Making satisfactory academic progress
- Completing their studies within the timeframe outlined on their eCoE
- Working no more than 40 hours per fortnight during any study period. The only exceptions are for Masters by Research and Doctoral Research students who can work unlimited hours once they have commenced their studies.
- Notifying the University of your address within seven days of your arrival, and if you change your address later.
- Holding Overseas Student Health Cover from an Australian Government-approved provider for the duration of your visa
- Maintaining adequate schooling arrangements if you have school-age dependents in Australia
- Notifying the University of any changes to your visa status, for example being granted permanent resident status.
There are 3 types of Visas-
- Visit Australia to participate in a course of study.
- You must be 6 years or older
- You can stay for the duration of your course
- You must be enrolled in full-time course at a recognised educational institution
Up to 5 years and in line with your enrolment.
Student Guardian visa
- Visit to support a child who holds a student visa.
- Allows a person to provide care and support for a student visa holder who is under 18
- In special situations, this visa allows a person to provide care and support for a student visa holder who is 18 or older
This is a temporary visa. The length of your visa will be determined by the student visa holder’s stay and their age.
- This visa allows you to take part in workplace-based occupational training activities to improve your skills for your job, area of tertiary study, field of expertise or in a professional development training program in Australia.
- You can do workplace-based training to improve your skills for your job, area of tertiary study, field of expertise
- You can participate in a classroom-based professional development training program
- It is not for people who primarily want to work
This is a temporary visa. We might grant you a visa allowing you to stay in Australia for up to 2 years.
Curtin University Perth’s student organizations or clubs are one of the best ideas to get involved in the campus. Organizations are assembled under an arrangement of causes, identities, and interests. Student organizations at Curtin University Perth put on some of the most highly awaited campus events and offer a wide range of opportunities for involvement and leadership every year. Curtin University Perth has various student organizations, so there is something for each student.
Sports and fitness-
Curtin University Perth provides activities that promote healthy lifestyles and fitness for a huge population of students, faculty and staff. The university provides various sports activities and fitness rooms to keep students fit and healthy.
Health & Wellbeing-
Health and Wellness at Curtin University Perth is to highlight the active process of change and growth that involves building resilience, persistence, and positivity in the phase of provocations. It is the initiative dedicated to help students incorporate in an overall well-being experience across campus. They allow students to actively indulge in well-being activities that provide support to a holistic lifestyle. Through this initiative, students will learn and understand resources and they will also learn how to help others in need.
On-campus housing at Curtin University Perth can easily accommodate a huge population of students. The rooms and flats offer a limited number of rooms to students. The on-campus housing offers Residential Based Learning Communities on designated floors, areas or buildings where students request to live near others that share an interest in a particular social cause or academic area.
Food & drink-
Curtin University Perth provides a dining hall in the heart of the campuses. Dining is open to students, faculty, and staff. Dining plan offers different dining options which includes special dietary menus such as vegetarian and low-fat food. The plans are designed to fit the busy schedule of students, the plan assists all dietary preferences by providing a wide range of dining options and healthy food options. There are a number of cafes and restaurants available on-campus which provides a huge variety to students.
Short term getaways, weekend getaways
There are many short-term getaways near the Curtin University Perth to have fun like-
- Kings Park and Botanic Garden.
- Rottnest Island.
- Fremantle port.
- The Swan Valley.
- WA Museum Boola Bardip
and there are many other options also available to spend holidays and weekends.
Part time jobs
Curtin University Perth provides employment opportunities to students who want to earn money while studying to pay their expenses. The university helps students find part-time work that not only builds their bank account, it is also on or near campus, and gives them a relevant and meaningful career experience which enhances their resume. The jobs are posted on the university portal. Student visa allows student to work up to 40 hours per fortnight when your course is in session and unlimited hours during semester breaks.
Crime Around the area-
Curtin University Perth keeps safety at priority. University’s Police Department provides 24/7 assistance to deter crime, and to increase personal safety and building security. A security desk is located in the lobby of each residence hall, which assists 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to ensure the safety and identification of those entering and leaving the campus buildings. Students can call an officer to escort them anywhere on campus 24/7. The University is committed towards providing a safe, secure living and learning environment for all students, faculty and staff.
The famous courses at Curtin University Perth are-
- Architecture & design.
- Business, economics & management.
- Engineering & technology.
- Environment & sustainability.
- Fine & performing arts.
- Social sciences.
The Career Services Team at Curtin University Perth has an award-winning placement team that is dedicated to supporting students throughout their placement search. The university hosts recruitment events and fairs to provide jobs to students. Students should register themselves on the university portal as all the jobs are posted on the portal.
Famous companies who recruit directly from Curtin University Perth –
- Western Digital
- Western Digital
- Create a new account
- Completed Application Form
- Submit required support documents
- Academic Records
- Pay the application fee
- Statement of Purpose
- Standardized Test Scores
How can we add value to your Higher Education Journey
Our top consultants can guide & ensure your admissions into Curtin University Perth. We have successfully counselled students for their admission into many top universities like Curtin University Perth , Yale University , Princeton University , University of Toronto St George, California Institute of Technology , University of Pennsylvania and many other top universities.
Contact Us Now We also can help you with following Services
College Profile for Curtin University Perth
Shortlisting of Colleges and Universities in Australia
Curtin University Perth Programs
Curtin University Perth Application Requirements
IELTS score requirementsA strong proficiency in the English language is essential for admission into universities in Australia. To be able to get a successful admission in Curtin University Perth in Australia students need to complete IELTS with a minimum score of 6.5.
Click here to book a free diagnostic test with our expert trainers
Curtin University Perth Cost of studies
Fees vary for each program. Please visit the program page for specific fees.
Curtin University Perth Deadlines
Bachelors: January 22
Deadlines vary for each program. Please visit the program page for specific deadlines.
Curtin University Perth Rankings
Kent Street, Bentley,Australia
+61 8 9266 9266