Study in Australia with Flinders University
Established in 1966, the Flinders University is a public university in Adelaide, Australia. The university is named after Matthew Flinders, a navigator who explored the South Australian coastline in the early 19th century. Other than the main campus in Adelaide, the university also operates external teaching facilities in regional South Australia, south-west Victoria, and the Northern Territory.
The university offers more than 160 undergraduate and postgraduate courses. It comprises of 6 colleges: College of Business, Government and Law; College of Education, Psychology and Social Work; College of Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences; College of Medicine and Public Health; College of Nursing and Health Sciences; and College of Science and Engineering.
The total student population at the university is more than 25,000 students of which over 16,000 are enrolled in the undergraduate courses. The student to faculty ratio at the Flinders University is 22:1.
Flinders is a member of the International Network of Universities and Innovative Research Universities Australia. Flinders University offers offshore courses in collaboration with partner institutions in China, Hong Kong, Singapore, and Malaysia. These courses are delivered offshore by academic staff from Flinders in association with the partner institution.
Flinders University works with Study Group to provide introductory academic, Foundation and Diploma programs. The Flinders ISC Foundation program provides comprehensive academic preparation that is specifically designed for international students. The Diploma is an advanced program of academic preparation that is designed for both international and domestic students. Also known as the International Year One, the Diploma is equivalent to the first year of an undergraduate degree. It will fully prepare the student for joining the second year of a business, commerce or engineering degree at Flinders University.
* GoToUniversity has partnered for Foundation Programs, Diploma of Commerce, Diploma of Science, Pre-Masters Business Program and Academic English Preparation (AEP) by Flinders and provides free counseling and application services for those programs.
Notable Alumni: Mario Andreacchio (film director and producer), Haydon Manning (political scientist), Zoe Bettison (South Australian state politician and Minister), Matthew Liptak (Adelaide Crows footballer), Mark Peel (Australian historian).
Flinders University Programs
Flinders University Application Requirements
IELTS score requirementsA strong proficiency in the English language is essential for admission into universities in Australia. To be able to get a successful admission in Flinders University in Australia students need to complete IELTS with a minimum score of 6.
Flinders University Cost of studies
Undergraduate: AUD 29,200
Fees may vary for each program. Please visit program page for specific fees.
Flinders University Deadlines
There are two admissions cycles for February and Mid-year intake and applications open in August
Flinders University Rankings
Flinders University Scholarships
1. Australian Government Research Training Program AGRTP International Scholarships at University of Flinders
The Australian Government Research Training Program (AGRTP) Scholarships (International) purpose is to specifically support international pupils to undertake a research higher degree at Flinders University.
Eligibility Criteria/ Scholarship Guidelines
• Candidates are expected to satisfy the University’s academic entry requirements for a Master’s degree by research or Doctorate by research.
• Candidates are required to have successfully completed at least the equivalent of an Australian First Class Honors degree (this is a four-year degree with a major research project in the final year)
• Candidates are expected to have met the English proficiency levels set by Flinders University for international students at the time of application. Pupils for whom English is a foreign language will need to provide evidence of their English language competence.
• Candidates are expected to not hold an equivalent research higher degree qualification. Applications will only be available to pupils commencing a research higher degree in Australia for the first time.
• Candidates are expected to not hold Australian citizenship, Australian permanent resident status or New Zealand citizenship.